Tenable.io Vulnerability Management Review

An easy initial setup with responsive technical support and good stability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for vulnerability scanning.

What is most valuable?

The vulnerability scanning is the most important aspect of the solution for us.

The initial setup is easy. It's pretty straightforward.

The stability is very good. We have appreciated the performance it offers.

Technical support is responsive. They help if you have issues.

What needs improvement?

The pricing of the solution could be more reasonable.

We've been working with the solution for many years. We have clients that have been using this solution for the last year.

The stability has been very good overall. It's reliable. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's good.

The solution is very highly scalable, and I don't have any complaints about that. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so fairly easily.

We typically deal with medium to large-sized organizations. Typically, there are thousands of users.

Technical support is okay. We don't have any complaints about their level of service. They are knowledgeable and responsive and we are able to get the information that we need when we need it.

The initial setup is not complex. It's pretty straightforward. A company that wants to implement it themselves shouldn't have any issues.

We sold Tenable.io Vulnerability Management, and the implementation has always gone smoothly. It's pretty seamless overall.

The entire deployment process takes anywhere from a week to ten days. It's not too long.

You only need two to three people to handle the implementation process.

The pricing is a bit high. It could be better.

It is my understanding that our clients did not evaluate other options before this product was suggested to them last year.

The two main competitors on the market are likely Qualys and Rapid7. I'm not familiar with the key differences of each solution, however.

What other advice do I have?

We are a reseller. We work with a lot of different Tenable.io products.

My only recommendation to other companies would be to put up a plan and follow the plan, point by point. Keep tracking of the result and make adjustments, if necessary. It's important to go in with a bit of a roadmap to follow. It will help ensure results.

In general, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've been pretty happy with the solution overall.

More Tenable.io Vulnerability Management reviews from users
...who compared it with Qualys VM
Learn what your peers think about Tenable.io Vulnerability Management. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.