Tenable SC Review

Intuitive with excellent technical support and good stability

What is our primary use case?

Essentially we use the solution to monitor hard devices on a network with it. That includes laptops, desktops, tablets, et cetera. I'm just using that to make sure that all of our patching is up to date.

What is most valuable?

The UI, the user interface, is really, really good. It's really simple. I started with no prior experience in vulnerability management and picked it up in less than a day, pretty quickly. It's very intuitive.

Their overall cost of service is pretty good.

I've worked with my CS manager and with them a lot, and I'd say every case I've opened, they've reached out to me within two hours. They're pretty prompt in their responses and overall the company is really easy to get ahold of.

Scaling the solution is very easy.

The stability of the product is pretty good.

What needs improvement?

The biggest issue I have with the solution is when I'm using the scanning it picks up the original DNS of that device. That means, before we image it and actually change the DNS to something within our company structure, it'll just be random numbers and letters and Tenable will stick to that DNS for a long time. I'll be searching for a gallery or a laptop and I can't find it due to the fact that the DNS when it was scanned went in as something non-sensical, like M P X 23 Z. That's the biggest issue I have with it. it's some sort of strange glitch.

While I started using the solution in January of last year, the company itself has been on the solution for about three years or so.

The stability of the solution has been quite good. I haven't experienced any real problems so far. It's been a rather smooth proess.

Scaling the solution would be pretty simple. The process would require us to reach out to Tenable to get more licenses, however, that's a pretty simple process. Overall, it's pretty easy. Essentially it'd just be adding a list of all the new IPs into any asset groups that they would be involved in. I don't think it would take much longer than a week.

Technical support is excellent. They are extremely responsive and very helpful. We are quite satisfied with the level of support we've received from them.

I would give them a ten out of ten. They are very prompt and very knowledgeable. They are great at answering questions and walking you through anything step-by-step.

When I started, the company was actually in the process of revamping the solution.

It was a two-day process and the company walked us through the entire thing. I had a Tenable engineer on-call with me for eight hours. It was a long process, however, it was easy as they were walking me through it, step-by-step.

When we did a recent re-vamp, Tenable was on hand to walk us through the entire process. We had a very positive experience with them.

I don't handle the billing and therefore don't have an exact idea of how much the solution costs.

We just renewed the solution and didn't look into any other product on the market before we did.

What other advice do I have?

We are just customers and end-users of the product.

If a company does decide to implement the solution, I'd advise working with Tenable engineers during the process, and even afterward, in order to ensure everything is set up appropriately.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten We've had a largely very positive experience with the solution so far.

More Tenable SC reviews from users
...who compared it with Rapid7 Metasploit
Learn what your peers think about Tenable SC. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.