Tenable SC Review

Good reporting, alerting, and filtering capabilities and good integration with multiple vendors

What is our primary use case?

We had a requirement to connect multiple branches into one console. We installed Nessus at multiple locations and then connected Nessus. We did the service scan and got the report on the central site with Tenable SC.

How has it helped my organization?

Previously, we were using Nessus, which required a lot of manual work in terms of reporting. We do a lot of customization, and Tenable SC has been very helpful. Reporting is just a click away in Tenable SC, whereas it used to take a long time to create a similar report and customize it in Nessus.

What is most valuable?

Tenable SC is good for reporting and alerting. The filtering feature is also very valuable.

Its integration with multiple vendors is quite good. It can be integrated with SIEM solutions and PAM solutions such as Thycotic, which is very helpful.

What needs improvement?

There is not much room for improvement. However, there should be a guide that describes the step-by-step procedures for doing tasks. Otherwise, training is required from a senior guy to a junior guy.

Our usage is the same. Currently, no increment is required in terms of the license.

They are good.

We used to use Rapid7, but there were too many false positives. So, we switched to Nessus, but in Nessus, we faced the challenge of reporting. Nessus required a lot of manual work in terms of reporting. Tenable SC has been quite helpful for reporting.

It is not straightforward. When you do integrations, it turns into a complex solution, but this complexity is required. If security is a priority, then complexity will be there for enterprise security.

It didn't take a long time. In one month, we were able to configure and run the reports. Everything was done within a month. We were in desperate need of such a solution, and this solution came. We already knew about integrations from the white papers and documents available on the Tenable website. They were very helpful. So, doing integration was not an issue. We did it without much effort.

I was heading this project as a project manager.

What other advice do I have?

It is a much better solution than other competitors. It provides almost everything that is required in terms of vulnerability management. If you are looking for overall enterprise security in terms of integrations and vulnerability management, you should go for Tenable SC or Tenable SCCV.

I would rate Tenable SC a nine out of ten.

More Tenable SC reviews from users
...who compared it with Rapid7 Metasploit
Learn what your peers think about Tenable SC. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.