Tenable SecurityCenter Review

A scalable solution for detecting and pro-actively mitigating network vulnerabilities

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to perform vulnerability assessments across the entire network.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has given us visibility of the vulnerability in our network. It also shows what needs to be done to negate the vulnerabilities by providing links to the solution for those issues. Generally, we are now able to manage our vulnerabilities better. We can identify them, prioritize them, and then negate them. It has improved our security posture.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is its ability to scan for vulnerabilities in our important systems, networks devices, and so on.

What needs improvement?

The web application scanning area can be improved.

A feature that I would like to see is the ability to integrate with exploit tools.

Two years.

It's a really stable solution. So far, I have not had any issues. Once it was installed it was very stable, very few bugs. It has topped expectations.

It's easily scalable. If you are required to scan more assets then you just request for it to be expanded, such as from two thousand to five thousand. Scalability is not an issue.

The system is used by around thirty-five users including system admins, who ensure that the system is up, and the application admins who are responsible for fixing the issues that are picked up with the solution.

We use it across our entire network so we cannot expand its use any further.

Their technical support is quite good, and they're very responsive. If there is any issue they perform quite quickly. Also, the local partner is well versed in the solution so they give us the support we need.

We did not use a solution prior to this one.

The initial setup, including the GUI, is very straightforward.

The implementation took about three months, and then the maturation took about six months.

We have about two people for maintenance.

We were working with a local partner for the deployment.

We have seen ROI for this solution. It has reduced our security vulnerabilities. Even during the national audit, one of the findings is that this solution is helping us be more productive. We're able to find these issues before somebody else finds them. We can fix them before they are discovered by others.

The licensing costs for this solution are approximately $100,000 US, and I think that covers everything.

Before choosing this solution we evaluated Qualys Labs and Rapid7.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution for evaluating vulnerability in the network. It gives wide coverage, and it is able to scan most platforms on the network.

I would rate this product an eight out of ten.