TIBCO Data Science Review

Easy to set up visualizations, but the filtering interface needs to be improved

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ease of setting up visualizations.

What needs improvement?

The interface should be more user-friendly, especially for filtering. With other applications, it is easier to see what you have filtered when you do the analysis. With Spotfire, it is difficult to see what you have filtered when you jump from one page to the other.

It should be easier to connect different databases together. With Spotfire, I need to have a technician assist me, whereas, with other solutions, I was able to do it myself.

I would like the visualization for the map of countries to be more easily configurable.

My company has been using Spotfire for quite a long time but I am just starting to learn it. I began working with it about a month ago.

I know that it has been slow in the past when it was refreshing data from a database, but with what I have been using with an Excel sheet, it has been fast.

I have not experimented with scalability.

I have not been in contact with technical support.

I have used other similar tools in the past.

The initial setup is straightforward.

I am currently evaluating other tools in parallel and there are some that I would recommend before doing so with this solution.

What other advice do I have?

At this point, there are other tools that I would recommend before using Spotfire. However, I am still evaluating it.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud