TIBCO Mashery API Management Review

Good standard feature offering and good scalability but the pricing is a bit high

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for B2B integration.

What is most valuable?

The solution is a good general API manager. They have a few propriety features but are offering items that are standard in the industry as well.

We personally prefer TIBCO because we are comfortable using it. We haven't had any issues with it and it's worked well for a very long time for our company.

The scalability offered by the solution has been quite good.

What needs improvement?

The pricing could be improved. It's too expensive right now.

Policy management has been a bit of a concern.

We've had issues with upgrading APIs, however, that could be related to configuration difficulties.

I've been working on the solution for about 15 years.

The scalability has been great for us. It's been a very good selling point. We're happy with how much we can scale up.

TIBCO is just a different way of dealing with different products. There are many on the market we've dealt with and looked at. For some companies, TIBCO is better. Others may find Apigee or CA Layer 7 is better. If I were to pick, I would say Layer 7 is even easier to use when compared to TIBCO. That's just my opinion.

The pricing is a bit high, but it is by no means the most expensive option on the market.

What other advice do I have?

We've had TIBCO installed in the middleware all over the place including in our back and front-end systems. I would say about 20 to 25 systems altogether within our organization have TIBCO on them.

Whether a company should deploy the solution of not depends on the business itself and the need and the necessity. There are products that are cheaper than TIBCO. And, just by being cheap, they may not be as good as TIBCO. There are products that are more expensive than TIBCO as well. That doesn't mean that they're better.

It's been a while since I've worked with the system, but I would rate it seven out of ten overall.

More TIBCO Mashery API Management reviews from users
...who compared it with Layer7 API Management
Find out what your peers are saying about TIBCO, Google, MuleSoft and others in API Management. Updated: July 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.