TitanHQ WebTitan Review

Good web content filter, easy to manage, quick and polite technical support

What is our primary use case?

We use this product to stop cyberattacks and make life easier for staff members concerned with breaches to the code of conduct.

Previously, we used Cisco Umbrella and suffered a cyberattack due to one of the websites that a member of staff had visited. The malware was place on our systems and an exec almost provided access information to a well-known group of cyberattackers.

How has it helped my organization?

This product has improved our organization firstly because there are fewer worries for staff in relation to breaking the code of conduct. The WebTitan Content Filter has been the best product I have implemented! It is highly granular, easily modified, and technical support is quick to respond, very polite, thorough and will follow up with the customer to ensure all is working properly.

We have been very happy with the WebTitan Web Filter since deploying it. It’s given us a 360-degree view of internet use in the company, allowing us to manage internet usage and minimize non-work related browsing and access to unsafe sites.

What is most valuable?

The web content filter is the most valuable feature.

WebTitan Gateway is a Web security and content filtering solution that offers best of breed malware protection, highly granular browsing policy controls, and comprehensive reporting while seamlessly integrating into your existing network. WebTitan Gateway is delivered as a software appliance, run on your own hardware or in your virtual infrastructure.

WebTitan is highly scalable, functionally rich, and easy to deploy and manage. It is designed to provide the best possible protection for your organization.

What needs improvement?

The Oauth1 protocol has a lot of issues with authentication and it made it very difficult to initially authenticate with the API.

Another thing that we dislike so far is the fact that it can sometimes take hours for the policy changes to take effect.

We have been using TitanHQ WebTitan for just over one year.

Previously, we used Cisco Umbrella.

The cost could be lower, though it is not currently prohibitive for larger companies.

I would suggest doing your homework with respect to pricing.

We looked at various enterprise Wi-Fi security solutions, which was a list provided by an expert, before choosing WebTitan Cloud for Wi-Fi. I was really taken aback by the price point, features, and functionality we were going to get with WebTitan Cloud for Wi-Fi.

Other solutions didn’t have all the features and functionalities we wanted; they could do some of what we now do but at a higher cost.

What other advice do I have?

For the most part, it does its job without causing me any problems. I don't have to waste time trying to fix things.

More TitanHQ WebTitan reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Umbrella
Find out what your peers are saying about TitanHQ, Cisco, Zscaler and others in Secure Web Gateways. Updated: May 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.