Toad Data Modeler Review

It collects SQL database data and the GUI interface allows pulling queries and creating links between tables, but I can't compare it to similar solutions as I've only used this one.

What is most valuable?

It was immensely helpful in collecting SQL database data, especially as I am not a database admin/engineer. Also, the GUI interface has good ease of use for pulling queries and creating links between tables to pull specific server information in a timely manner for someone who may not have database experience.

How has it helped my organization?

It allowed us a better look at the big picture of the state of our server environment.

What needs improvement?

I've not used a product that I could compare it with.

I used it for a month.

The program did not crash or have other intermittent problems or issues. It worked as expected.

The program worked flawlessly whether pulling information for 10 or 1000 servers.

I didn't need to contact them.

I didn't need to contact them.

This is the only solution I've used.

Corporate standard installation process was as expected and went smoothly. It was a standard windows client installation, which connected without issues to our asset management database on the mainframe.

We did an in-house standard corporate windows client application installation.

I was not involved in the purchase agreement, from a personal point of view, a good working tool is well worth it if priced competitively.

I did not. My role was as an end user, not of evaluation.

What other advice do I have?

See if the program features meet your task, do so with competitive pricing and their history of quality customer / technical service provided.

More Toad Data Modeler reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Quest Software, IDERA, Oracle and others in Database Development and Management. Updated: February 2021.
464,655 professionals have used our research since 2012.