What is most valuable?
- Horizontal layout for each connected database connection
- Easy way to generate statements for select,insert and update
- Easily identify the locks on the table and processes running on the database and their source information
- It is easy to Explain plan
- It is easy to optimize the query using optimizer
- Table import and export are easy
- Formatting of sql also makes it easy to read
What needs improvement?
- Toad crashes sometimes and it will lose all the saved database information
- We cannot the execute SQL, offline easily (If you are creating a MV and if you shut down your laptop it won't create it)
For how long have I used the solution?
I have used it for more than 5 years
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
I have worked with sql developer before and it not easy to work with
How was the initial setup?
It is straight forward if you have Tnsnames entries located correctly
What about the implementation team?
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Sep 10 2014