Toad Review

All the users have the same database on the server rather than local individual databases which creates a lot of duplication

What is our primary use case?

Managing huge volumes of data efficiently and making sure everyone uses the updated database with restricted user access to take business decisions.

How has it helped my organization?

With Toad, all the users have the same database on the server rather than local individual databases which creates a lot of duplication. It also enables great security over who can see the data.

What is most valuable?

SQLBuilder really helps to play with the data and develop SQL queries to extract data from huge databases as per the requirement.

What needs improvement?

A platform to code in Python would be really helpful as Python is becoming very well integrated with other platforms.

It's quite stable but takes a bit of a time to run SQL queries if the database is huge.

It can be used company-wide with hundreds of thousands of records.

Has great support for any technical hiccups.

Microsoft Access was used before jumping to Toad which created a lot of issues as there was no common database and everyone used their own local database.

It is pretty straightforward, and they have very helpful documentation for the same.

In-house team.

A few months.

Cost is very minimal for the license as compared to the value it generates for the organization.

What other advice do I have?

Managing such huge volumes of data has become very efficient.