Toad Review

Excellent functionality with great tools for database architecture

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for support.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the database architecture, the good functionality, and the user interface.

What needs improvement?

Many users don't know how to add licensing to Toad, or where it is shown, so they could make that easier.

I've been using the solution for three years.

The software is very stable.

I'm not a database administrator, so I'm not sure about this aspect of the solution. I understand that Toad can take on about 600 licenses.

The initial setup of the solution is complex. Deployment involves an EXE file and you choose your operating system and click-through, so that part of the user installation is easy. It takes a few hours.

What other advice do I have?

I don't work with Toad, I support Toad because I work in a distributor company. I deal mostly with the on-premises version of the solution.

I would recommend Toad but I think it would be a better solution if it had one platform or if it was an all-in-one tool.

I would rate this solution nine out of ten. I'd rate it higher, but right now, for example, if I want to work with the database I must load Toad for Oracle or Toad for MySQL, etc. But if I want to work with the Toad Modeler, I don't want another Toad installation. If there was a one-stop solution, it would be a ten.