Turbonomic Review

We use it to keep our virtual landscape balanced and bottleneck free.

What is most valuable?

The economic algorithm is a brilliant way to measure supply vs. demand of virtual machine resource needs. It is this idea that makes Turbonomic perform better than the rest.

How has it helped my organization?

We use it to keep our virtual landscape balanced and bottleneck free. When we enabled automatic guest balancing within Turbonomic, our complaints about slow VM's dropped over 90%.

What needs improvement?

They need an updated UI - perhaps HTML5? The dashboard could use a cosmetic update.

Several years.

No, it deployed and worked flawlessly.

No, it's there whenever we need to login.

We've had a few issues upgrading and getting things working the way would we like, but Turbonomic has been very supportive to allocate knowledgeable resources to address them quickly.

Great. Turbonomic knows what it can do - and what it can't.

We used built in tools to try and balance workloads - it wasn't as good.

Initial setup is fairly straightforward. We deployed a virtual machine - configured it to our vCenters - and that was pretty much it.

We did the intial deployment in house - we've had Turbonomic onsite to help us tune the product to our specifications.

The ROI has been unquantifiable. The tools within the product have been great for our administrative team. I recommend the product highly.

Pricing has changed considerably since we purchased the product several years ago.

What other advice do I have?

If you need a product that can automate workload balancing, capacity planning, reporting of resource use - Turbonomic is a fantastic choice.

More Turbonomic reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with VMware vRealize Operations (vROps)
Learn what your peers think about Turbonomic. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.
3 Comments

author avatarit_user540930 (Windows Systems Administrator at a consumer goods company with 10,001+ employees)

Hey, check out my recent review of Turbonomic, formerly known as VMTurbo. It's a product I've used in my job and one that you should take a good look at.

author avatarChris Childerhose
ExpertTop 5Real User

Nice review. They are updating the UI and working on an HTML5 interface. If you have one of the more updated versions of Turbonomic you can check out the new interface using the link in the bottom left corner. Yes the current interface is clunky but works. I am looking forward to the HTML5 and move away from Flash for their product as well as others.

Thanks! That's good to hear, an update to HTML5 is the way to go.