Turbonomic Review

What is most valuable?

• Automated move and workload placement.
  • Resource planning.

How has it helped my organization?

Planning for capacity is much easier now. With this setup we were able to get specific reporting and it allows us to acquire the necessary hardware in time to meet the demand.

What needs improvement?

• Additional options in data and report views.
  • We would also like to see expansion made in the UCS tools that they provide, to allow viewing the entire UCS environment and not just the equipment that hosts a hypervisor.

3+ years.

No, the solution was easy to implement.

Once we were effected with one of the releases to generate the monthly report which was fixed with a post release upgrade.

None.

Excellent.

Excellent.

None.

The setup was simple, with the deployment of a virtual appliance. Updates are similarly easy.

In-house with the help of their Technical Support team.

Our ROI occurred in less than 6 months by allowing us to avoid a costly server upgrade that was planned for parts of our VMware infrastructure.

We have easily saved extra cost after optimizing resources with VMturbo.

More Turbonomic reviews from users
1 Comment

author avatarit_user480303 (Systems/Network Administrator II at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees)

Absolutely! I rely heavily on the reports and recommendations from Turbonomics before I request new hardware from leadership. This was not always the case and we had a lot of additional hardware that while useful was unnecessary. These requests have now been refocused to other areas within the budget to continue helping us run lean while maintaining our level 10 rating with EPIC.