Turbonomic Review

Our clusters are more balanced now than relying on DRS to manage workloads.

What is most valuable?

We have benefited from both the workload placement and analysis of our hosts via running plans. Soon we will embark on rightsizing. This tool offers us the best mechanism we have had so far to implement this effort.

How has it helped my organization?

Our clusters are more balanced now than relying on DRS to manage workloads. Also, with the plan data, we are able to have actual data behind what our clusters look like now, how to best optimize them, and if we can afford to remove hosts. This will help us run an efficient, high performing environment while also limiting out licensing costs.

What needs improvement?

Have plan data shared across user accounts within Turbonomic. Also more granular permissions. We would benefit greatly from more flexibility than the current roles available. Finally, reduce the time to have the efficiency data repopulate into the GUI.

Less than one year.

9/10. I have received prompt and quality service.

9/10. I have received prompt and quality service.

Initial setup was with the "appliance" package but we decided to migrate to a RHEL server. Both the setup and migration were documented well and easy to follow.

Our initial build was done in-house and was followed up with a training session. The trainer was knowledgeable, but we have received a higher level tech advice, as we moved forward, from other resources at Turbonomic.

More Turbonomic reviews from users