Turbonomic Review

The ability to load balance automatically my storage and hosts has saved a lot of time.

What is most valuable?

Automation and planning. Turbonomic's ability to automatically load balance my storage and hosts has saved a lot of time. Planning for a future VDI deployment has allowed us to eliminate the need to scramble for resources during the deploy.

How has it helped my organization?

It has balanced the load on the hosts during the day to eliminate bottlenecks.

What needs improvement?

The user interface has room for improvement, but it is well on its way with the new UI that is being developed.

We have had it for over two years now.

Deployment was easy. It was done over an hour long conference call. Had tangible data in place several hours after that.

Had one issue on an early release (first several months of owning Turbonomic), when Turbonomic made a suggestion to resize itself and it changed a few other settings upon a reboot. Since then, no issues.

No. Have yet to have a need to change the number of hosts in our environment. We have had to replace some older hosts per Turbonomic's suggestion.

Excellent. We talk to our account rep on a regular basis and he walks through our environment and offers other areas for automation as well as new features being added.

Excellent. For the very few issues we have had, they have been quick to respond and solve the issue.

We did not have a previous solution that monitored everything. It was all done manually via the vCenter Server. When we purchased Turbonomic (VMturbo at the time), vRealize Operations was just getting going and it was outrageous. Turbonomic offered everything we thought we needed, and even things we didn't know we needed, at a great price.

Very easy. Deploy an OVF template, some minor out-of-the-box configuration, and it is up and going.

We purchased direct, and implementation was done via a WebEx.

Hard to put an exact dollar amount on it, but it did eliminate the need for us to add an additional person in our department as it automated most of the work in our VMware environment.

Just license what you want to monitor. We have a DR environment which we chose not to monitor.

We checked out vROPs and a Veeam solution, but they just didn't cut it.

More Turbonomic reviews from users