Turbonomic Review

What is most valuable?

Provides automation of the workloads to the best hosts and trending of resource capacity over time. We constantly focus on this as a service provider.

How has it helped my organization?

We have a relatively small team for these tasks. We want to ensure that we have automation to provide our clients with the best experience, as well as reducing our overall labor. These factors are critical to our success.

What needs improvement?

The user interface is quite dated. There is a new UI release on the horizon and some of the new UI elements are in the newest version. It would also be good to have an overview of the environment of improvements. In addition, VMtools out of date, as are the phantom files.

We have been using this solution for three years.

There were no deployment issues.

There were no stability issues.

No scalability issues,so far and we have 20 hosts.

I would give customer service a rating of 9/10.

I would give technical support a rating of 9/10.

We used vMan from SolarWinds. We wanted a product that enabled more automation of tasks and intelligent load balancing.

The setup was straightforward. You simply install the OVA, set the IP, and plug it into your Vcenter.

We did the implementation in-house.

We have been seeing a 4-6 month time window where we have been able to extend before procurement of additional hosts which have been required.

Alongside the additional labor, we save approximately $4500/month.

Ensure that you do a multi-year agreement to get the best discounts.

We looked at vMan and vROps.