Vblock [EOL] Review

A simple pre-built solution with an easy initial setup and good technical support

What is most valuable?

It's an integrated box Mac solution, so it's a plug and play. The deployment and build is pre-made and ready to deploy. It makes it easy to apply.

What needs improvement?

The user control could be more advanced. They should work to improve this in future releases.

I'd like a hypervisor to be added to the solution.

Upgrading should be easier. It should just be a click of a button to upload, enter calls or enter systems.

I've been using the solution for six or seven years.

Scalability is limited. Storage, for example, has a limit. Right now, we have 4-5,000 people using the solution.

Technical support is critical for us. Once you contact support, there may be a follow-on of vendors that will pitch in and help. We can reach out for any technical issue and find assistance.

We did use a different solution, but it was at the end of its life cycle and policy, which is why we switched.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's already applied, so it's very easy to connect the system. The time it takes to deploy depends on the model used. On average, deployment at the factory will take slightly less than five days. It will take another three to four days to do configurations and qualifications and everything but just to set it up it's probably only a couple of hours.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. There are, however, many new solutions coming to the market that have much more advanced features.

More Vblock [EOL] reviews from users