Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Review

Reliable solution for backing up Office 365 email

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this solution in our company is for backing up emails.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides us with a more reliable solution for backing up Office 365 emails.

What is most valuable?

It is an easy-to-use solution for what we need it to do. A simple program that accomplishes exactly what we need.

What needs improvement?

I think the program is very good as is and we get everything that we need from it, but everything can use improvement. For me, the only obvious part of the program that could use improvement would be in the interface. If it were possible to make it more user-friendly it would be even more simple to use, and I think they can do some improvement. The backup is okay and does what it is expected to do.

We have been using it about a year and a half.

We are satisfied with the stability for the most part. We had some problems a few times, but the most time it's stable. I would say it is stable more than 90 percent of the time.

I do think the program is scalable as it has a lot of options for improving volume and processing. Right now we haven't had much reason to scale it ourselves and just maintain it. We use two people to take care of the product. Even if you had much heavier use than we do you would not need more than two people.

I have not had any reason to contact technical support. As far as I know and from what I hear they're really good at supporting their products.

We previously used a solution from CodeTwo that was a suite of backup tools. We decided to change what we were using because we realized that there could likely be other solutions that were better. We found that Veeam was easier to use and it's more stable.

The main difference between the products is the stability. The other product wasn't really stable in the hybrid environment which is what prompted us to look at other solutions that would be satisfactory. The new product is really stable whether we use it in the hybrid cloud or on-premises, so I think that's the main difference and it is a better solution for our clients.

The initial setup is straightforward and pretty simple. In total, it took about one or two hours to do the installation and configuring. Most products take more time so comparably it was not so long. It's an easy solution to maintain and I think that really one person should be enough to install and monitor it in most situations.

We are a reseller, so we do the deployments and implementations ourselves with our own technical team. Being a reseller is part of the reason we have two on our maintenance team.

The pricing for the product is okay. It's not cheap but I would not say it is expensive either. I think the pricing is fair considering the competition and that the product works easily.

Besides the fact that we were already using CodeTwo, we didn't evaluate other products. Because we already know the product was also made specifically for backing up Office 365 email, Veeam was reviewed well and it was the only one we evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

Other people who are considering this solution will probably be good to go with it if it solves what they want it to do. Even without improvement, the program is really simple to use. I think sometimes it takes a long time to learn new programs and it really shouldn't be necessary when you are doing a simple thing. People who are in doubt should just try it to compare with other solutions because it is really good. They will find out quickly how it compares.

At the moment I think we have all we need for backing up our Office 365 emails reliably, we have a solid solution with this product so I don't see any reason it would have to change.

On a scale from one to ten, where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate this product as a nine. It is very near to getting a ten, but it isn't perfect. I give it a nine instead of a ten to leave the company a little room to improve the product interface.