Veeam ONE Review

Virtual and Backup infrastructure monitoring solution

What is most valuable?

Here theyare features that I appreciated:

• Immediate alerting
  • Scheduled historical reporting
  • Unique enterprise backup console view
  • One settings point location
  • Infrastructure view
  • Business view
  • Data protection View
  • VM

How has it helped my organization?

This product gave us the ability to have a single notification point about global infrastructure.

Veeam console is well integrated with Veeam Backup & Replication so, we can view, at the same time, backup health and disaster recovery replication between different sites. The historical reporting feature, gave us the ability to understand any weakness and possible strange behavior to be investigated.

In any case, we utilized Veeam One and B&R in conjunction with other monitoring software to have a complete and real time situation of our infrastructure (network devices, applicative problems etc).

What needs improvement?

It would be really appreciated if Veeam One could provide an OS and program monitoring solution for the VM ( exchange monitoring and queue, event viewer, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS etc) and improve grant processes to apply in case of any infrastructure problems.

I started using it since 3 years ago in conjunction with other monitoring solutions (SCOM 2012, OpManager, VirtuaWin, Netwrix, Nagios

I had problems getting Veeam One and Veeam Backup & Replication to coexist on the same server.

Sometimes, I needed to reboot the server if it was on for a long time. I also had some performance problems if it was implemented on an old server.

Scalability wasn't an issue, but I had problems with the license files when we bought new licenses.

It was good.

They were great and well prepared.

About virtual host, I utilized (and I am still using), Nagios, Netwrix, OpManager but I am preferring them only for OS, network devices, bandwidth utilization and application server monitoring.

I liked Veeam One about VMware and HyperV server monitoring

Initial setup was quite straightforward and easy.

I implemented it on my own.

An excellent disaster recovery plan, backup replication, and real time monitoring.

Initial setup was €10,000 in conjunction with Veeam Backup & Replication Enterprise Edition with different sites/hosts to monitor. The day to day cost, is meanly relative licensing and minimal time to maintaining it.

• SCOM 2012
  • OpManager
  • Nagios
  • Netwrix

What other advice do I have?

If you already utilize Veeam Backup & Replication, it would be very important that you utilize this product to manage them together. (Other than essential licenses, the enterprise version gives you a single monitoring/backup console that sounds great).

1 visitor found this review helpful
2 Comments

author avatar
Thang Le Toan (Victory Lee) (Robusta Technology & Training)

Since time using VMware visualization solutions and issues related to backup / restore has more than 8 years, I have found that the use of Veeam Backup Replicate, Veeam ONE are extremely important, fast, easy and safety. Although previous systems using Symantec / TIVOLY backup but they are too expensive, bulky and difficult operation (especially a tape backup-offsite / USB is not flexible than Veeam).

author avatar
Top 5Real User

Your adjectives are the more suitable about Veeam products (fast, easy and safety) like other adjectives about previous backup tools.