VMware Player Review

It's enabled us to fire up speedy sandboxes to test software or malware in a closed environment.

What is most valuable?

Ease of install. Ease of upgrade. We also got to check out w10 so we could see how we wanted it set up for everyone.

It used to be a bit buggy with v7 when you wanted to suspend a machine but those issues seem to have been worked out with v12.

How has it helped my organization?

It's enabled us to fire up speedy sandboxes to test software or malware in a closed environment. We can also run other operating systems at the click of a button. In general, it's saved us time and money. We can also run honeypots to capture information on exploit attempts. Three really great things to have more of.

What needs improvement?

From my POV, I have no real niggles with it. It's fine as it is but I probably use about 40% of the capabilities so I've not delved into every single function provided by VMware player.

To avoid problems you really do need to be on the most recent version, especially if you want to use W10 images.

On and off I've used this for 7-8 years.