vRealize Log Insight Review

A scalable solution that's well designed and offers an excellent trace log feature

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to collect some data logs from the network device. This is something we're still developing out.

What is most valuable?

The product is perfectly designed.

The trace log is the solution's most valuable feature. It's very helpful in troubleshooting problems.

The dashboards are also impressive. You have the option to create a very rich dashboard if you like.

What needs improvement?

The solution should make it possible to use it from a security perspective so that you can centralize your policies and have some control as to what's happening in the environment.

They should improve their web interface to make it more user-friendly.

I've been using the solution for four years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable. It's very easy if you need to add more nodes in the cluster. We have about 30 people using the solution. That's our operations time. Currently, we do not plan to expand usage.

I've never needed to contact technical support, so I don't have any experiences to draw from.

The solution's initial setup is both straightforward and complex. It depends on the environment. Working with the solution is simple, but in our current use case, we have some difficult configurations that add complexity to the process. You need two people to maintain the solution once it's set up.

We did not evaluate other solutions before choosing this one.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

More vRealize Log Insight reviews from users