WebLogic Suite Review

What is most valuable?

The cluster configuration and cluster performance are the most valuable features for us. In fact, they're better in this most recent version than in previous ones, making it a better solution overall.

What needs improvement?

Transactions monitoring graphics need to be improved. When I need to monitor sample transaction response times or something similar, I need to use third-party tools. I assume that it is possible to see transaction performances on the WebLogic console with some graphics, so I'd like to have that feature.

I have been using WebLogic for 10 years, and v12.1.3 for the last year.

If the packet is bigger than 800MB, then the deployment is very, very difficult with the Weblogic admin console. To make this work, we have to use wlst.sh scripts to deploy.

We have had no issues with the stability.

There have been no issues scaling it for our needs.

Oracle Support is perfect for their Database, but for WebLogic/CC&B it is not so good, and for that I give it a 6/10.

I have used many application servers, and this is the best for performance and for a user-friendly management console.

The initial setup was straightforward.

I have implemented it both through a vendor team and through our in-house team.

Due to the exchange rate, it is expensive for Turkish companies.

What other advice do I have?

It gives good performance, but we still have to use third-party tools for monitoring. You should take that into consideration when deciding whether to purchase it.

More WebLogic Suite reviews from users
1 Comment

author avatarit_user517479 (User)

We have used WebLogic over 10+ years. It is a very good and stable application server. The patching and upgrading processes are seamless. However, whenever we submit a service call and/or bug, it takes awhile for the support team to respond.