WebLogic Suite Review

Valuable Features

The cluster configuration and cluster performance are the most valuable features for us. In fact, they're better in this most recent version than in previous ones, making it a better solution overall.

Room for Improvement

Transactions monitoring graphics need to be improved. When I need to monitor sample transaction response times or something similar, I need to use third-party tools. I assume that it is possible to see transaction performances on the WebLogic console with some graphics, so I'd like to have that feature.

Use of Solution

I have been using WebLogic for 10 years, and v12.1.3 for the last year.

If the packet is bigger than 800MB, then the deployment is very, very difficult with the Weblogic admin console. To make this work, we have to use wlst.sh scripts to deploy.

We have had no issues with the stability.

There have been no issues scaling it for our needs.

Oracle Support is perfect for their Database, but for WebLogic/CC&B it is not so good, and for that I give it a 6/10.

I have used many application servers, and this is the best for performance and for a user-friendly management console.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Implementation Team

I have implemented it both through a vendor team and through our in-house team.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Due to the exchange rate, it is expensive for Turkish companies.

Other Advice

It gives good performance, but we still have to use third-party tools for monitoring. You should take that into consideration when deciding whether to purchase it.

1 Comment
UserUser

We have used WebLogic over 10+ years. It is a very good and stable application server. The patching and upgrading processes are seamless. However, whenever we submit a service call and/or bug, it takes awhile for the support team to respond.

21 September 16