WebLogic Suite Review

Valuable Features

It's a very scalable, extensible, middleware component. It's especially useful for big data applications if you're using APIs or have geo-spatial data or complex data sets.

It's also a very affordable and efficient.

Room for Improvement

I would like to see Oracle offer the WebLogic Suite in other areas, like SaaS or PaaS. From what I've seen at Oracle World, they're already moving in that direction, so it gives you a broader portfolio or different ways to leverage their technology.

We haven't had any issues with deployment.

It's very stable. It can handle a lot of database storage and repositories. It's really the backbone of a lot of our systems that we use for our federal customers. It's very smooth and not buggy, and now that more people are learning how to troubleshoot and work with the product, it's becoming exponentially easier to find quality to support it during the WebLogic application process.

Obviously, it works best with Exadata servers, so that's what it really helped us with. We were running WebLogic on servers that weren't optimized for that software. I think we may have had it on IBM Blade and the servers we were using weren't necessarily optimized for the WebLogic tool. Once we kicked in the Exadata server, it increased the time to process.

The level of technical support is very good. The SMEs that are coming to help us have been excellent. It's very easy to get a hold of them and we talk weekly with our account reps to make sure things are going well. They are very approachable and always easy to get hold of, as well as being very knowledgeable.

Other Advice

We just like Oracle products.

2 Comments
Manager, Architect Community, Oracle Technology Network at a tech company with 10,001+ employeesVendor

Ryan,

Regarding your "Room for Improvement" comment about WLS in SaaS. Have you looked into Oracle's Java Cloud Service (https://cloud.oracle.com/java)?

20 May 16
Managing Director at a professional training and coaching company with 51-200 employeesReal User

Yes, since Oracle World I have been exposed to Oracles IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS product / service offerings. I am very impressed, thank you for the comment.

27 July 16