Webroot DNS Protection Review

Good application for internet users looking to secure their domain data

What is our primary use case?

I've worked in the IT industry for almost 15 years. I have worked with many applications, like Webroot and other anti-viruses. Webroot's domain can be secured for malware attacks. Their website, email data, and domain data can be secured from unwanted malware attacks and otherwise. I have found Webroot to be a good application for internet users looking to secure their domain data.

How has it helped my organization?

We have many clients with different platforms where Webroot. We have our clients, DNS, and domain dive, and we have used it for our website for domain set up with the web group.

What is most valuable?

Everything is good with Webroot DNS.

What needs improvement?

It needs to be more secure for production environments. currently, it have reliable and secure but as per new internet attacks, it should be ready and proactive approach to eliminate attack chances.

It's reliable and stable. It needs to be more stable and reliable because we experience internet attacks, domains, and client data. Webroot DNS needs to be more reliable and more secure.

It scales well.

I have worked for many organizations and some organizations are small in size, with five to 15 users, and some organizations are 50 to 100. There are a few giants that are large organizations with 250 to 500 users.

Webroot does not require any type of maintenance, but sometimes there are issues regarding the domain. We troubleshoot and overall 99% will not require any maintenance.

They have a good team for their technical group but they need to hire more professionals to get a big team. They need a bigger team. But overall, their support is very good. When they are available they are ready to help their customers and they are always very exceptional.

There was not any complex type of data. The setup was straightforward.

We are two who teach and train our customers about Webroot DNS and how we are going to configure and secure data. It takes around 20 minutes to one hour of planning plus the time it takes for the configuration.

They need to be more economical for smaller companies so that everyone can use it to store data.

What other advice do I have?

Almost everyone who uses it is happy about the product. I don't get any types of complaints from my clients.

I would rate Webroot DNS a nine out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
Find out what your peers are saying about OpenText, Cisco, TitanHQ and others in DNS Security. Updated: May 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.