WSO2 Identity Server Review

Easy integration, straightforward operations, but interface needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We have multiple clients and we have been evaluating different solutions to meet their need requirements. One of our clients is in a security practice and we are evaluating this solution and Okta.

What is most valuable?

Some of the valuable features of the solution are the easy integration with processes, such as Single Sign-On. Overall WSO2 is straightforward and does not need customization.

What needs improvement?

This solution does not have BPM workflows already integrated, we had to integrate the BPM module externally. They do not provide full-featured auditing and certification modules out of the box.

In an upcoming release, they could improve the user interface by making it more user-friendly. Additionally, they have most of the connectors for the cloud version of the solution, but not on the on-premise or hybrid versions. We are left to come up with our own API-based connectors.

I have been using this solution for approximately two years.

In my experience, I have found this solution is best suited for small integrations.

The support we have received from WSO2 was very good and I would recommend the support.

I have found the solutions license is priced competitively compared to others.

I have evaluated Okta.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is good for small organizations where they are looking for end-to-end infrastructure that is completely in the cloud. It is very good for Single Sign-On and deep provisioning.  Additionally, they also support different types of architecture integrations, such as on-premies.

I would recommend it based on the cost, licensing, and integration.

I rate WSO2 Identity Server a seven out of ten.

More WSO2 Identity Server reviews from users
...who compared it with Okta Customer Identity
Find out what your peers are saying about WSO2, ForgeRock, Auth0 and others in Customer Identity and Access Management. Updated: July 2021.
522,693 professionals have used our research since 2012.