Xamarin Platform Review
Cross-platform development saves time and provides consistencies-
What is our primary use case?
Mobile applications for our music streaming service.
How has it helped my organization?
- A much larger portion of shared codebase
- Better usage of software patterns
- Better knowledge sharing among team members
- More streamlined, standardized development and testing processes.
What is most valuable?
- Cross-platform development saves time and provides consistencies.
- C#: Simply the language.
- Native UI: No compromises needed for final users.
- MVVM: Clear concerns separation.
What needs improvement?
The performance needs improvement, especially the dev tools, and also the ultimate output of the mobile applications.
For how long have I used the solution?
More than five years.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
Five years ago, we switched from native development to a cross-platform solution, we have never regretted this move.
**Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Last updated: May 29 2018
More Xamarin Platform reviews from users