Xamarin Platform Review

Saves time for application development. We write once and the code works everywhere.

What is our primary use case?

I use Xamarin.Forms to develop mobile applications, which basically have the same functionality and cross-platform.

How has it helped my organization?

It usually saves time for application development. We write once and the code works everywhere.

What is most valuable?

In Xamarin.Forms, it is valuable that one and the same code (including UI) work on all platforms. It is very convenient.

What needs improvement?

They need to take a step towards independence from the UI platform. It takes a lot of time to adapt the native controls.

Everything is fine. There have been difficulties with memory leaks, but usually they are not difficult to fix.

No issues. Everything is fine.

The support is not very good. Bugs remain very long openable.

Earlier, I tried to write code on native technologies, but still liked C# more.

We switched because it makes cross-platform applications more expedient, faster, and cheaper.

Everything was simple. Besides, on GitHub there are always good examples. Although, you need to understand the native SDK a bit.

Good knowledge

Xamarin is free, or comes with Visual Studio. Therefore, it is very profitable.

I looked at Ionic and other HTML/JS platforms, but I considered this a bad decision. They were too slow and you had more problems with their frameworks than the benefits of their work.

What other advice do I have?

Be sure to look at the lessons from Xamarin University, as well as test projects on GitHub.