ZAPTEST Review
We can write our codes just after the functional docs are prepared, and we can straight away start testing the application in the system testing phase itself.

What is most valuable?

• Using this tool, we can automate test cases even before the deployment of an application. This can be done by scanning objects from UI mock-ups or screenshots.
  • One script multi-run technology reduces scripting effort and budget by which you can run one unique script to test multiple platforms.
  • We can write one code and run it in multiple browsers (Chrome, IE, Firefox anything) and operating systems (Android, Windows, anything).
  • PDF validation, average colour validation, etc. are better and stable.
  • We can literally automate anything (not necessarily web applications) using ZAPTEST as it works exactly as a human eye and doesn't dig into application codes.
  • Partial OCR and block recognization are game changers.
  • JIRA and ALM integration

How has it helped my organization?

Using another script automation tool, our scripter could only start his coding after the deployment of an application. This eliminates scope of system testing by automation. Using ZAPTEST, we can write our codes just after the functional docs are prepared, and we can straight away start testing the application in the system testing phase itself. This eliminates manual effort in testing life-cycle completely and also eliminates a separate automation script development phase and saves a lot of time and money.

What needs improvement?

• We cannot have more than one Object Repository for one test.
  • Regular expression is not supported.
  • Most of the data table operations are not supported.

We've used it for two months.

It deploys without issues.

It's stable enough nowadays.

We have no scalability issues.

We received technical support directly from highest management, which includes Alex Chernyak and Anton Nosovitsky. 9/10

Our organization used HP Quick Test Professional as a test automation tool, and we jumped over to this tool as a POC initiative. ZAPTEST has its advantage over QTP/UFT in the following ways: As we can write codes before deployment, it saves a lot of time and billing hours.

The initial set-up is not so straightforward, as it does not have similar ease of QTP/UFT utility functions. To make a framework, you need to keep in mind that ZAPTEST does not support descriptive programming or regular expressions in its current version.

We work as a vendor team. Implementation requires a skilled person who has test automation experience for the initial set-up.

The ROI ought be high as it saves a lot of time and billing by eliminating a complete phase in the testing life cycle.

What other advice do I have?

Use this product if you have good, skilled workers to prepare the framework. Post implementation, show the guts to say good-bye to manual testers.

3 visitors found this review helpful

1 Comment

Veni KSVendor

Hi Arupratan,

In your valuable features you have mentioned

•We can literally automate anything (not necessarily web applications) using ZAPTEST as it works exactly as a human eye and doesn't dig into application codes.

Does this means we can automate Webservices/APIs too?. If so can you please explain me how we can use.

Also the Improvements to My Org also looks the same for my area of work too, I also start the test scripts only after deployment of the application. If I can start it along with the coding I could save a lot of time.

This is the scenario we have currently in the process of evaluating testing tools for our Organization. We have some SOAP and RESTful APIs. Wanted to know if Ready API be good or ZAPTEST be good.

Thanks in Advance,