Zscaler SASE Review

Excellent scalability, good performance, and very nice private access features

What is our primary use case?

Increase performance, stability and Secure Remote access for Remote Users.

What is most valuable?

Two great features that we really like on the solution are the Internet Access and Private Access. The path solutions available that help protect the customer's internet access and ensuring B2B secure access are great.

The scalability of the solution is great.

The solution offers very good performance.

What needs improvement?

Due to the fact that it's a multi-tenant hosted environment, it should be noted that other solutions, like Palo Alto, are single-tenant solutions. It's the customer that's hosting it, it's a single tenant. Zscaler hosts a SaaS solution and a multi-tenant, not a single-tenant environment. It would be nice if they offered that as well. This is where probably Zscaler can differentiate itself.

There are latency issues with the solution. They are small, however, they are there when you compare it to other vendors. These things only come up when you're talking to enterprise customers who are really looking at those things. For smaller to mid-sized customers, Zscaler makes more sense. These things make it cheaper and more efficient, as well, for Zscaler.

I am actually a technical field engineer. I make solutions that help customers with different products. I don't use it personally. I sell it to different customers.

The scalability of the solution is top of the line. It's one of its great selling features. Users can scale easily if and when they need to.

In terms of how many people use it typically, it depends on the company size. If you're like the last one I worked with, which was an enterprise customer, you can have five, 10, even all 5,000 users that, especially here in COVID times, are working remotely. It depends on the size of the organization and depends on the roles of people who need the secure access.

An enterprise customer who has 5,000, 10,000 users, for example, will find that most of the users who need secure access to it, depending on the data you're hosting, will be at about 50-60%. They may not be on it one time, but that's where the licensing will be. At least 50-60% of the users, or the workforce in the company. This will only increase due to the COVID times when people are working more remotely.

I personally have never used technical support. However, I also haven't heard any complaints from customers in relation to the level of support they provide. It must be okay if we haven't heard anything.

I also sell Palo Alto as well.

I have been selling Zscaler, however, I only have had hands-on experience in Palo Alto. I don't have answers yet on Zscaler. The last hands-on experience I had on any device was two and a half years ago when I was more involved. I am just technical sales now.

I haven't deployed the solution yet myself.  I wouldn't be able to comment on the process. I don't know if it's complex or straightforward.

That said, from what I've seen in customers that have deployed it, I've never really heard a bad comment from anyone who is using it.

I'm not a direct customer, so I don't know what the exact cost of the solution is, on average. It would depend on the company's size.

What other advice do I have?

We're a Zscaler partner.

When you implement Zscaler, you're actually utilizing the best of what the technology has to offer.

I've only heard good things about the solution. I'd rate it eight out of ten.