CA eHealth [EOL] OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is CA eHealth [EOL]?
eHealth collects and analyzes key performance information (KPI) across your IT infrastructure to provide real-time and predictive performance analysis. This information can guide your staff toward the corrective actions needed to avoid negative impacts on business processes.

CA eHealth [EOL] was previously known as CA eHealth Performance Manager.

Download the Network Management Applications Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

CA eHealth [EOL] Customers
BlueCross Blue Shield of Tennessee, Devoteam, Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand , National Informatics Centre, Uttar Pradesh State Unit Lucknow, Punjab National Bank, Racing and Wagering Western Australia, Sicredi
CA eHealth [EOL] Video

Archived CA eHealth [EOL] Reviews (more than two years old)

VP
Technical Specialist at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
The reports are fantastic and it's easy to use and update

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is the fact that it sends me canned reports. It's easy to use and easy to update."
  • "I would like to see improved index shifting."

What is our primary use case?

We are currently using this solution for reporting. The talking reports are fantastic and the users love it.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The only thing I don't like about this solution is the old index shift; it doesn't work very well. So I would like to see improved index shifting. I would also like to see a price reduction.

I've been using the solution since 1997 on premises.

It is a very stable program.

We don't use remote polers, primarily because of the cost and even now, it's exceptionally expensive. So we don't scale. We are only two people on the staff and we are responsible for maintenance too.

The technical support is bad, primarily because I don't see anybody using it. I once had to rebuild the whole database when it died. I had to put in a new database and upgrade my system and do everything. Then it broke my database and they could not fix it. Now we work around it and it works fine.

We used LiveHealth but then we stopped using that because the organization wasn't getting good performance out of it.

The initial setup was straightforward and we did everything ourselves. It was a long time ago, but if I remember correctly the deployment took about a week for all our sites and reports running smoothly.

It is an expensive program. Every time you buy more licenses, it will cost you to get CA support and you will pay even more if you want your remote part of the actual service.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others would be that, if they'd manage to sort out the indexing problem, it's a wonderful product to use. The biggest lesson I've learned is the deviation of the time. On a scale of one to ten, my rating would be an eight.

it_user558201
Network Manager at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
This is the main tool we use to monitor the entire network infrastructure. I would like the tools to be consolidated into one view.

What is most valuable?

We have a centralized command center that monitors everything and this is the main tool that we are using. We monitor the entire network infrastructure, including our various data centers. From the data centers to the remote locations, we have the WAN links monitored.

How has it helped my organization?

Right now, I'm looking to replace eHealth with the latest CA solution, which is the Performance Manager. I understand there are many new features. We are running an old version, but functionality-wise, the tool itself is a great tool. We get threshold alerts, as well as alerts for link or device failures. It's our priority-monitoring tool.

What needs improvement?

I would mainly like to see an overall view of the application and the infrastructure. Right now, we are limited to the network piece of it. I would like to see a consolidation so that the command center doesn’t need to look at multiple tools, like HPE OneView. If I can get that, that will be really great.

Stability is very good. We had very few minor issues in the past years related to memory leakage and stuff like that but we hardly had to contact the help desk.

The scalability mainly depends on the underlying infrastructure, which we needed to expand.

The few times we contacted technical support they were very good.

We know that it's a good product and we've been used to it for many years in our company, so when it was time to upgrade, we looked around and we saw that this is good for us.

I was not involved in the initial setup. The system was inherited. I did hear it was a little complex to understand the setup, but after that it was easy to operate.

We compared it with other solutions.

We wanted migration to be easy, so instead of bringing in a new tool and doing a lot of work on that, we went with the existing solution of CA. We also have some financial flexibility with CA, so it's easy to migrate from CA to CA rather than from CA to any other tool.

What other advice do I have?

I think an overall architectural understating is required. Also, you don't want to play around with multiple technologies and multiple vendors. I suggest going with one vendor who can cover the whole technology landscape.

Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, IBM, Micro Focus and others in Network Management Applications. Updated: November 2021.
554,148 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Manager of Network Monitoring and Remote Access at Jacobs
It has a lot of data on a stable platform. It only has a few canned out-of-the-box reports.

Valuable Features:

I'm particularly impressed with the stability, which is like a rock, and the fact that it has so much data on such a stable platform.

Improvements to My Organization:

We have 40-50 users all linked with Performance Center, and to login to Performance Center and eHealth, everybody goes through Spectrum. It requires a lot of right-clicks to bring up reports, but it automatically takes you to wherever you need to go.

Room for Improvement:

It has limited reporting with only a few canned out-of-the-box reports. So it'd be nice if it had more robust reporting capabilities.

I also think some of the reports are fairly simplistic, and it would nice to be able to get more details. It's already got executive-levels reports, but I'd like a different way of presenting the data with different types of graphs. You're pretty limited on what you can see with the existing graphs.

There's just so much data that's being brought in, and you're limited on the number of reports. Then if you wanted to design your own reports, you have to buy another product.

I'd also like to be able to hook it up to AD authentication more easily. It's pretty complicated to do that right now.

Use of Solution:

We're using eHealth for long-term trend reporting.

Deployment Issues:

We had no issues deploying it.

Stability Issues:

It's been stable. Like a rock.

Other Advice:

You should start slow and have a definite scope of work that you need to get accomplished. Pick one thing that you need to get done and implement it. Start with that, and then you can expand from there instead of trying to drink from the fire hose and get all that information brought in at the same. You need to try to limit your scope.

Senior Network Support Analyst with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good for capacity planning and pro-active monitoring

Valuable Features

Scheduled capacity reporting. CA Spectrum integration Proactive alerting on a number of variables ie bandwidth / latency Good overall view of device health

Improvements to My Organization

This enables us to run monthly capacity planning reports to have an overall view of the status of our network. It allows us to trend data volumes and plan for future activity / growth. We are able to take a pro-active to potential issues such as high bandwidth usage, latency increases

Room for Improvement

The Java gui could be improved, there have been no changes to this through the versions that I have worked with. Overall performance of the application is slow. It is difficult to replicate between each poller in the cluster - this could be automated. Configuring alerts within live exceptions can be particularly difficult.

Use of Solution

4-5 years

Customer Service: GoodTechnical Support: Good

The installation was done by a supplier. However I found that the set up of discovery profiles and reports to be straightforward.

Implementation Team

Vendor, they have good expertise
sandeep
Senior Manager of Network at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Concord / CA eHealth – Scalable and solid NMS Suite but expensive.
CA eHealth Overview. EHealth is a NMS tool used to monitor the reachability and Bandwidth availability, exceed threshold Bandwidth for a Network devices etc... It provides Real time analysis report well as predictive performance analysis. It can work in multi-vendor environment. At-a-Glance report provides on network utilization (incoming and outgoing traffic), CPU utilizations, memory usage, jitter etc. eHealth Provides proactive network performance management alerts. We can get hourly, daily weakly charts also we can get a chart for particular period. eHealth At-a-glance report provides Comprehensive report of key variables. i.e. bidirectional report of total packet, packet drop, errors, latency, network availability, memory utilization etc. Pros: 1) Supports Multivendor devices,…

CA eHealth Overview.
Pros:
1) Supports Multivendor devices, supports a large number of devices, it has certified thousands of software and hardware device.
2) supports many vendor MIB and RFC specific MIBs
3) At-a-glance report provides Comprehensive report of key variables.
4) provides Real time analysis report well as predictive performance analysis
5) Highly scalable solution.
6) Can send email and Text message alerts.
7) Escalation system escalate the alerts to higher authorities if alerts not attended.

Cons :
1) initial Cost is high, and high licensing fees.
2) Is complex system need to maintain dedicated team to manage this
3) More resource Oriented: It needs some faster server. Many request can load the server and can suffer performance issue.
4) Requires high disk space: monitoring large amount of devices will require high disk space for maintaining old data.
5) There is limitations in the number of characters an element the name need to be short.
6) Does not store Syslog’s separate syslog device needs to be maintained.
7) New Device certification process is long.

Download our free Network Management Applications Report and find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, IBM, Micro Focus, and more!
Quick Links