CA Gen Reviews

rating
Ahmet Sahin
Banking Application Development Manager
Dec 11 2017

What is most valuable?

As a developer, it is wonderful. Coding on CA Gen is easy. If you want to change anything, you can easily manage the code and you can easily find other changes, other group changes, other models, other components.

What needs improvement?

The weak side is, I cannot use the DB2 specifications, DB2 comments, easily. They should support the latest DB2 versions, the latest DB2 comments. This is my priority. Database access.

What other advice do I have?

I give this product an eight out of 10 because it's easy to use, it's familiar, it's stable. You can trust them, you can get support whenever you want. Use CA Gen but be careful about the architecture, how you establish the architecture is so important. If you start at the wrong point, you will be punished.
Gurudeva Kalledevarpurada B
IT Solution Architect at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Aug 08 2018

What is most valuable?

* Model-based development * Click and drag development facility * Automatic code generation

How has it helped my organization?

Advantage Gen greatly enhanced productivity as well as development of solutions in mainframes, Client, and server applications. However, it was lacking the web development… more»

What needs improvement?

The product needs to be well marketed, then adopted. I am not seeing many customers using the product.

I was not involved in pricing and/or licensing, which was managed by another team.

IEF/COOL Gen.

What other advice do I have?

It is an excellent product.

We evaluated Telon.
Find out what your peers are saying about CA Gen vs. Compuware Topaz Workbench and other solutions. Updated: September 2019.
372,622 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Ismo Remes
Dec 19 2018

What is most valuable?

The so-called full packets, so you can develop software and systems using these packets, and implement software on the mainframe side and the client side. You can use the same packets, so it's very powerful.

What needs improvement?

Nowadays, it's internet and websites, it's very common. I think they have to make this product more and more flexible to use it in the web as well. I think that’s very important for the future.

What other advice do I have?

I rate it eight out of 10. It's just very powerful tool, very powerful product to use. Nowadays, there are a couple of mainframe companies, using mainframe products, so to be honest, I'm not recommending it. Of course, if you have mainframe and you have do something in the mainframe that’s different.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About CA Gen

372,622 professionals have used our research since 2012.

CA Gen Questions

What is CA Gen?

CA Gen provides a single, integrated development environment that can help your teams create and maintain large-scale business applications for multiple platforms. This streamlined environment can help reduce manual labor and speed migration time while ensuring the future relevance of existing environments and applications.
CA Gen customers