Citrix SD-WAN OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Citrix SD-WAN is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top WAN Optimization tools. It is most often compared to Cisco SD-WAN: Citrix SD-WAN vs Cisco SD-WAN

What is Citrix SD-WAN?

Citrix SD-WAN (formerly NetScaler SD-WAN) is a next- generation WAN Edge solution that simplifies digital transformation for enterprises. It offers the best application experience for SaaS, cloud, and virtual apps & desktops; comprehensive security; and cloud choice with automation to ensure an always-on workspace.

Citrix SD-WAN is also known as Citrix CloudBridge, WOC, NetScaler SD-WAN.

Download the WAN Optimization Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Citrix SD-WAN Customers

AIDS Healthcare Foundation, Cornerstone Home Lending Inc., Dallara, ecVision, Essar, Eurofred, Groupe Promutuel, HMSHost Corporation, Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines Ltd, Royal Caribbean International

Citrix SD-WAN Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Citrix SD-WAN pricing:
  • "The price of the subscription should be cheaper."
  • "As NetScaler is now, I find it quite pricey."

RV
Chief Technology Officer at a wholesaler/distributor with 201-500 employees
Lines run Active-Active so we get better bandwidth usage and we don't have backup lines sitting idle

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for stability and redundancy on connectivity from the branch offices to the company head office data centre. We have a head office and six remote branches. Most of the applications we deliver to the branches are through terminal services. This includes the EPR system, Microsoft Dynamics-AX. Everything is hosted on-prem. When a line between the branch office and the head office was down the branch could not operate. For most sales orders we have a 4 business hour turnaround time from order to delivery. So when a line is down we were losing sales. SD-WAN has prevented… more »

• "Downtime for branch offices is now almost zero. We have 100% real-time visibility into all of our lines. MPLS links have been replaced with lower-cost links, saving a larger percentage of line costs. Overall, I see SD-WAN as a must. And the Citrix SD-WAN product has delivered on expectations and exceeded them. (With later firmware updates we now have good firewall capabilities in the product too)."
  • "The firewall reporting could be easier to use and filter. (It works well enough, but if I need to give an area for improvement, I think this would be it.). The built-in reporting on the product in this regard is not great."

What other advice do I have?

I used to stress about line failures. MPLS was not working for me. MPLS gave me no visibility into the line redundancy. And MPLS is very expensive. SD-WAN was an easy choice for me. Citrix has delivered.
GB
Transformation Delivery Head at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Good stability and scalability with very good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for network latency authentication.

• "The scalability and stability are quite good in general."
  • "The initial setup could be a bit easier."

What other advice do I have?

We're using an older version of the solution, not the newest version. We use the on-premises deployment model. We don't use the solution ourselves, rather, we provide services to our clients. We're testing it for a client right now. Whether the client will ultimately go with the solution is up to them. Our company always promotes NetScaler, and for that reason, I'd give it a ten out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Citrix, Riverbed, Fortinet and others in WAN Optimization. Updated: September 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.
YB
Founder at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Includes good documentation, easy to set up, good endpoint monitoring and backup capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We use this product to improve the security of our network. We also use it to monitor and control the endpoints that we have.

• "The best feature is the backup capability, where all of the users' computers are tied into a central data repository."
  • "Citrix should continue to offer a perpetual licensing model because it is very important to us."

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and I recommend it. I'm going to continue using it unless something new is offered by a competitor at a cheaper price. I that case, I may switch. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Gaurav-Singh
Presales & Solutions Architect at UST Global España
Good security, documentation, and technical support, but the price should be lower

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients. One of the use cases was as an optimizer in a low-bandwidth area where I wanted to replace the MPLS connection.

• "The most valuable feature is security, as it gives me the port bindings that cannot be accomplished using other solutions."
  • "I would like to either see the price reduced or have it packaged with other products to give better value for the money."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering this product is to first understand the business and the requirements. No solution should be purchased in haste. I have seen businesses with proper tools but they don't know what to do with them. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
RV
Chief Technology Officer at a wholesaler/distributor with 201-500 employees
A reliable solution to help prevent downtime in the event of line failure

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to improve reliability and prevent downtime in the event of a line failure.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is its reliability.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see support for additional reporting.

I have been using Citrix SD-WAN for four years.

The stability is excellent.

This product is really good in terms of scalability. We have about 300 people who are benefiting from it, spread out over several branches. Our users do not directly interact with it, although it provides backend support for them. At this point, we do not expect to increase…