Cohesity DataPlatform Overview
What is Cohesity DataPlatform?
Consolidate your backups, file shares, object stores and data for dev/test and analytics on a web-scale data management platform.
Cohesity DataPlatform Customers
Navis, 1st Security Bank, Brown University, WestLotto
Cohesity DataPlatform Video
What users are saying about Cohesity DataPlatform pricing:
- "Competing products sometimes use deceptive marketing to make their products seem a lot cheaper. Comparing apples-to-apples, DataPlatform wins out."
Cohesity DataPlatform Reviews
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Review Length
Showingreviews based on the current filters.
Chief Technology Officer at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Hyper-converged architecture that is scalable and simple with surprising performance
What is our primary use case?We are using DataPlatform, DataProtect, and we are running NAS natively on it now, doing some cloud archiving off of it. The primary use for DataPlatform is that we are a managed service provider. We use it as our platform for backing up our infrastructure as a service client for our remote clients. Recently, we replaced multiple platforms with Cohesity. That is, we replaced our quantum storage appliances with DataPlatform. We replaced our Beam storage repositories. With that, we also replaced our Connvault storage platforms, which were all internal data. In the end, we consolidated all of our… more »
Pros and Cons
- "The hyper-converged architecture and scalability are hugely important for growing service companies."
- "It is easy to install and use."
- "It has never been touted as a tier-one storage platform, and that would be a benefit. They are currently working on solving that issue."
What other advice do I have?My advice to people looking for this type of solution is that you really have to look at your secondary data. It can come in many forms. If you are just looking at Cohesity as a backup product, then that you may look at it and think that it is too costly as just a backup product. But when you look at all of Cohesity's capabilities and if you find two or three things that you can take advantage of on the Cohesity platform, then it becomes more desirable and the decision is a no brainer. Now I have got one platform that is doing my backup to disc, it is doing my data protection, it is doing my…
Senior Director Of Operations at Purple Communications, Inc
A single pane of glass console can manage multiple nodes
What is our primary use case?Cohesity DataProtect is a great product and has reduced my backup window and jobs significantly. I like that you can do a VM level backup as well as a database backup. By doing so, I was able to replace two backup application products. Cohesity gives us the ability to run a local backup, replicate, and archive to AWS all in one job. Though, we are not able to archive all of our workloads to S3 for longer retention. The Cohesity User Group is extremely beneficial and productive. We get to speak with the developers and engineering team directly about their products, whether it be a feature… more »
Pros and Cons
- "The clone feature is very nice. You can restore workloads onto Cohesity's storage, which is also nice to have when you don't have enough space to restore on the server."
- "There is limited support for legacy systems, which is something that could be improved."
What other advice do I have?Overall, working with Cohesity has been a great experience.
Infrastructure Management Senior Analyst at a energy/utilities company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Enables us to easily provision new SMB file shares
What is our primary use case?Cohesity CDM solution is our primary backup solution and we use it to back up our entire VMware infra, MSSQL, Oracle, SAP HANA & BASIS applications, and we also use this for our cloud archive solution. Earlier, we outsourced our solution and backups are using TSM as their solution but we have some serious issues without huge SAP DB's which was eliminated once we started using Cohesity. We choose this product after testing many POCs with different legacy and new era backup vendors but finally we chose this due to features offered by Cohesity.
Pros and Cons
- "Our data center size occupancy for Cohesity appliance is reduced by 70% when we installed Cohesity."
- "Their documentation portal is not up to date for newer releases and I strongly recommend Cohesity to increase their efforts on the documentation portal."
Product CategoriesData Management Platforms (DMP)