EMC Data Domain Reviews

rating
Chris Childerhose
Solutions Architect at McMillan LLP
Sep 10 2018

What is most valuable?

I would rate it at 5/5 as the deduplication and compression of the device for backups is outstanding. We have about 55TB total space on the Data Domain which we send Veeam backups... more»

How has it helped my organization?

This allows our organization to send more data to this device compared to others. It also allows us a fast recovery of files or Virtual Machines if needed being on-premise.

What needs improvement?

The processing capabilities I believe could be improved, however, we have an older unit DD670 and newer units may have already improved upon this.

What other advice do I have?

Review the newer versions of the device and evaluate them if possible. You will get great benefit for backups.
Ahmed A. Hussien
User
Capacity planner, storage deputy manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Nov 26 2017

What do you think of EMC Data Domain?

What is our primary use case?: Used as a backup target with NetBackup 8.0. • What is most valuable?: DD Boost. • How has it helped my organization?: Short backup window has made a difference in the way my organization functions. • What needs improvement?: I would like them to improve on the short backup window as it would make my organization even more efficient. • For how long have I used the solution?: From 2011 until now. • What was my experience with deployment of the solution?: Some small issues. • What do I think about the stability of the solution?: No issues. • What do I think about the scalability of the solution?: No issues. • How is customer service and technical support?: Nine out of 10. • Which solutions did we use previously?: ...

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About EMC Data Domain

Find out what your peers are saying about Dell EMC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Veritas and others in Deduplication Software.
304,957 professionals have used our research since 2012.

EMC Data Domain Questions

EMC Data Domain Projects By Members

EMC Data Domain Consultants

What is EMC Data Domain?

EMC Data Domain deduplication storage systems continue to revolutionize disk backup, archiving, and disaster recovery with high-speed, inline deduplication. EMC Data Domain Operating System is intelligence behind EMC Data Domain deduplication storage systems. DD OS powers the industry's most efficient, scalable, reliable, cloud-ready protection storage platform.
Also known as
DataDomain
EMC Data Domain customers
The US Army, City of Houston, Lloyds TSB, TiVo, Teck, Ingram Entertainment, The New York Mets
BUYER'S GUIDE
Not sure which Deduplication Software solution is right for you?

Download our free Deduplication Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Dell EMC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Veritas, and more!