Experian Data Quality Overview

What is Experian Data Quality?
Experian Data Quality (previously QAS) contact data management tools help you capture correct address, email, and phone data as it comes in, Our data management platform, Experian Pandora, is an end to end platform that supports all your Data Management needs - Data Quality, Data Migration, Data Governance, Data Preparation and Single Customer View.

Experian Data Quality is also known as QAS-Experian Data Quality, Experian Pandora, Intelligent Search Technology Data Quality.

Download the Data Quality Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Experian Data Quality Customers
Overstock.com, Cabela, Drugstore.com, Saks Fifth Avenue, Midmark, Umpqua Bank, Colorado Department of Labor & Employment, Fresno Pacific University, University of North Texas, ALDO
Experian Data Quality Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

BI Developer at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Fast in taking unstructured data, processing it and spitting out all the different data types. The team moved to SSIS/SSRS, I suspect it didn’t fit in with the goal of creating a data warehouse.

What other advice do I have?

It is excellent for data profiling. I felt the calculations were a bit overly complex but over-all a very good product and very visual with good stats. Be absolutely certain and clear what you want it for. My manager hadn’t a clue. He thought it was just a big red button labelled “Press Here to Create a Data Warehouse...”.
Application Specialist at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
MSP
You need the right person to make the best of this product and you need to allow them a good amount of time to work.
Find out what your peers are saying about Experian, Melissa, Informatica and others in Data Quality. Updated: June 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Technical Data Analyst at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It is not perfect but certainly makes my job much easier.

What other advice do I have?

I would say have the X88 team come and demonstrate the product on some of your real data. This should be enough to convince you that Pandora can improve your data quality/Stewardship or help with your Data Migration/Integration Project.
Senior Data Warehouse Specialist at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
The version I used was far from mature and I would recommend another solution.

What is most valuable?

The ability to find relationships between data sources.

Around 3 months

The Teradata connectivity was faulty and had to be patched by the vendor product team.

The tool was very unstable and was constantly hogging the resources, even if was not operating at the moment. The recommendation from the vendor was to "disable when not used". Also, sometimes it would halt for no reason, with the recommendation being "kill the process and start it up".

We never got to this point where we had issues with scalability.

BI Expert at a government with 51-200 employees
Great for combining data quality & transformation together, but the automation & external access could be improved.

What other advice do I have?

To use the product effectively you need to ask your self what your goals are. The product can offer un-paralleled analysis of your data in a very short space and can be used as an ongoing tool in your daily DQ battles. Or it can be used as a prototyping tool to get a project up and running before handing over the self generating documentation to your development teams to build a more integrated solution.
Business Systems Support Analyst with 1,001-5,000 employees
I was originally doing this as a manual process, which would not have sufficed for what we had planned.

What other advice do I have?

Seriously think of what you want to use the tool for, as this can be an expensive piece of kit to run, make sure that the services it offers are what you are looking for and will significantly reduce the time of whatever you may use it for.
Network Manager at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
A quick, efficient data profiler using integrated technology as an addition to database query.

What other advice do I have?

I chose Pandora X88 because I was able to get a free trial and didn't have to rely on a salesman to show me a short presentation. This is a very efficient assessment of company data. This was comparable in price. This program portrayed data problems that I wasn't aware of with using the database as a stand alone.
Download our free Data Quality Report and find out what your peers are saying about Experian, Melissa, Informatica, and more!