Huawei eSight Overview

Huawei eSight is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top LAN Management tools. It is most often compared to Cisco DNA Center: Huawei eSight vs Cisco DNA Center

What is Huawei eSight?

Huawei's eSight is a unified software suite for planning, operating, and maintaining complex enterprise ICT infrastructure from global, converged networks and data centers to multimedia and video communications that includes the facilities necessary for delivering performance and IT services. eSight provides a platform that supports infrastructure and devices from third-party providers, to develop custom management applications and improves O&M efficiency.

Download the Network Management Applications Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

Huawei eSight Customers

Marina Bay, CITIC Pacific Mining

Huawei eSight Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Huawei eSight pricing:
  • "Its pricing is better than any other Huawei product. Some products are cheaper in Huawei, and some products are cheaper in Cisco. Cisco has more benefits and options than Huawei if you consider different network environments."
  • "Pricing depends on the competition. If your competitor is like Cisco, then Huawei is much more competitive when it comes to pricing."

RS
Sr. Tech. Consultant - Network at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Useful RTLS feature and good support but needs automation options and better wireless reporting

What is our primary use case?

We have multiple corporate customers here in Oman. We provide support to the customers for implementations and service issues. There are many use cases. There are a lot of customers who are using the Huawei network. For one customer, we implemented the campus and the data center network with Huawei.

• "I like the real-time location monitor or RTLS feature. It is similar to the monitoring feature in Cisco Prime."
  • "eSight has many features and options, but sometimes, we feel that it should be more advanced, like Cisco. It would be good if they can enable some automation part in eSight. Most of our customers want automation in their network. They don't want a dependency on everything. That's why the automation part must be improved in Huawei. It will be beneficial for customers. Cisco has different products, and there are multiple products for monitoring, automation, etc. In the software-defined network, Cisco has ACI, and VMware has NSX. Such options must be there in Huawei to move to a software-defined network. Unlike Cisco, in the case of eSight, there is only one product. I am not aware of any other product. It would be good to enhance it with at least some automation options so that we can use it effectively in the campus network or big data center environment. When I implemented this Huawei solution, I faced some limitations in particular areas like wireless scanning. This is another part that they can improve. Wireless reporting option is not as effective as other monitoring solutions. For a particular use case, if a customer is asking for some reports, sometimes they are not 100% satisfactory. The reporting structure must be improved."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution depending upon the budget and requirements of a customer. If a customer is asking for automation, I have some Cisco products for automation. If a customer is asking for some low priced and cheap device, I have solutions in Huawei. It also depends on the network environment and the efficiency to handle the network in a particular technology. If a customer is very happy with Huawei and he is more knowledgeable about Huawei devices, he would prefer Huawei. Those having the Cisco devices would only prefer Cisco. Similarly, an HP customer would prefer HP. As a…
RL
Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
An integrated O&M solution that provides extensive details about Huawei devices on the network

What is our primary use case?

We deployed Huawei eSight as a monitoring tool for monitoring switches and access points.

• "I like that it supports all our Huawei devices. Unlike other network monitoring tools that monitor Huawei devices, it provides more details when it comes to monitoring or management. We can get complete details about the devices, and management is also simple."
  • "It will be better if they can make the simple network topology part more presentable. It would also be better if they had API integration and integration with third-party devices."

What other advice do I have?

I would advise new users to follow the installation manual provided on the Huawei website. All the details and steps are given there, including what steps to take if you encounter an error. On a scale from one to ten, I would give Huawei eSight an eight.
Find out what your peers are saying about Huawei, Cisco, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and others in Network Management Applications. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SD
Solution Manager at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Leaderboard
Great alarm management with good scalability capabilities and good visualization of network devices

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for network management.

• "The most important features are alarm management and the visualization of the health of our network devices."
  • "The solution needs to improve it's user interface to make it more modern and stylish. They need to design proper menu positions, features, etc. Right now the layout is complicated."

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model. We're a Huawei partner. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.
Download our free Network Management Applications Report and find out what your peers are saying about Huawei, Cisco, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, and more!