IDOL Reviews

rating
Sr Technical Director at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
Nov 20 2017

What do you think of IDOL?

Valuable Features Capability of processing and analysing unstructured data, like audio and video analysis. • Improvements to My Organization We can implement IDOL solutions processing information. • Room for Improvement Maybe new IDOL Key view capabilities with native format files. • Use of Solution We have been using IDOL for about five years. • Deployment Issues Certainly, but we could resolve the issues with their support team very quickly. • Stability Issues No, I did not encounter any issues. • Scalability Issues No, I did not encounter any issues. • Customer Service and Technical Support Customer Service: Very good. Technical Support: Technical support could improve a lot. However, they are very good. • Previous Solutions No, I...
Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Aug 31 2016

What do you think of IDOL?

Valuable Features: The ability to quickly implement a solution to resolve challenges with Enterprise Search across multiple platforms. • Improvements to My Organization: One location to find the information we need to answer questions, complete work or find people. • Room for Improvement: The interface needs to be mobile friendly, which I understand is in the backlog of future improvements. • Use of Solution: Less than 6 months • Deployment Issues: Integration with our single sign on solution and some internal challenges. • Previous Solutions: Native search, product based. • Initial Setup: There were some challenges with complexity which we overcame leveraging our partnership with HP. • Implementation Team: Both in-house and vendor team. • ROI: ...

Have A Question About Indexing and Search?

Our experts can help. 288,073 professionals have used our research on 6,462 solutions.
IT Analyst at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Aug 31 2016

What is most valuable?

Entity extraction, concept extraction, and overall extensibility with OOTB connectors.

How has it helped my organization?

Enterprise search success (finding what documents you're looking for) has gone up over 30% with users finding their hit on the first page of results as opposed to the 2,3,4th or giving up entirely. Users are able to quickly find relevant... more»

What needs improvement?

On-premise implementation and installation is very complicated. Documentation can always be improved along with user white-papers.
Senior Technical Administrator at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
Sep 01 2016

What do you think of IDOL?

Valuable Features: Connectors and CFS. • Improvements to My Organization: Speed improvements over older Fetch architecture. • Room for Improvement: Understanding how to optimize Lua Scripting configuration to improve performance. Lua Scripts added to a CFS configuration can cause the CFS processing to slow down, if the scripts are not scoped to only run against specific indexing jobs or database content. Having some guidelines or best practices on this topic would be very helpful. • Use of Solution: Less than 1 year • Deployment Issues: No issues with deployment. • Stability Issues: Nope • Implementation Team: In-house

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About IDOL

Have A Question About Indexing and Search?

IDOL Questions

IDOL Projects By Members

IDOL Consultants

What is IDOL?

The IDOL Server collects indexed data from connectors and stores it in its proprietary structure, optimized for fast processing and retrieval of data.
Also known as