LastPass Enterprise Overview

LastPass Enterprise is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Single Sign-On (SSO) tools. It is most often compared to Microsoft Azure Key Vault: LastPass Enterprise vs Microsoft Azure Key Vault

What is LastPass Enterprise?

LastPass Enterprise is a complete login solution, designed for security. It secures your business and centralizes control of employee passwords and applications with Single Sign-On, a one-click access to every site and tool. LastPass Enterprise provides password management, directory integration which synchronizes users with Active Directory, LDAP and custom APIs. It also provides access to shared accounts, for users inside and outside the organization without losing accountability.

Download the Single Sign-On (SSO) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

LastPass Enterprise Customers

Hootsuite, Truenorthlogic, Zirtual, CashStar, GoodData, Mainstream Technologies

LastPass Enterprise Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

NB
Assistant Director of Technology Support at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
Enables us to secure, store and easily retrieve passwords

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for password security.

• "It's improved security; we don't have to worry about people storing password loosely and secure them."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I would rate LastPass either an eight or a nine because it's beneficial for us and it checked all the security audit boxes. We are talking about substantial organizations here. If you're tiny, then you can get away with a more straightforward setup.
    BD
    Engineering at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
    Keeps our enterprise more private and secure, but lacks customization in the console

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is to store the encrypted credentials, passwords, and login information for our administrative accounts. We have a lot of elevated accounts in our organization, and we needed a way to consolidate all of our user's passwords, encryption keys, etc.

• "The most valuable feature is the liberty of keeping encrypted passwords and elevated information in a sealed vault."
    • "I would like to be able to reduce the log out time of the session."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product to a colleague or a coworker, either within the company or at a different company. This is based on how easy it is to use, and that the subscription is a fair price. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
    Find out what your peers are saying about LogMeIn, Keeper, OneLogin and others in Single Sign-On (SSO). Updated: May 2021.
    501,818 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    DL
    Founder & CEO: Cybersecurity legal Practice at a legal firm with 1-10 employees
    YubiKey ensures that if my LastPass password is compromised, nobody has access to my password vault

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is related to the sharing of passwords with other members of the team. This includes the secure notes feature for very sensitive encryption information, as well as passwords for logging in.

• "The initial setup for this process is straightforward and extremely easy. It just works."
    • "Right now we have two products; there is the password manager and there is the authenticator app. Ideally, these should be fully integrated and support better handling of two-factor authentication or any other authenticator data."

What other advice do I have?

I have known LastPass for so long that it feels natural. That said, I have some advice with respect to using it. First, it has to be secured with a security key. Next, ensure that you master the password sharing features. Finally, I suggest disabling the form fields because it tends to over-interpret what it should be doing. I prefer to have more control than that. The secure notes feature is very important, so be sure to familiarize yourself with it. I would rate this product eight and a half out of ten.
    Network Engineer at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
    Dashboard with a security score, along with the Security Challenge, are great features

What is our primary use case?

Primary use case is to manage passwords and synchronize passwords for accounts, between the users that have permission to access those accounts.

• "Until now, I haven't found anything like the dashboard. It gives you a security score. I find that to be really great. The Sharing Center is really great as well. And the Security Challenge is really great too."
    • "One thing I wish LastPass had is an integration with Active Directory, not for synchronizing users but to actually manage, in some way, privileged accounts by replacing the password of LastPass itself."

What other advice do I have?

If you're looking for a password management solution that can hold your passwords and share passwords among employees, one that is cloud-based - and even without the internet you can still access passwords - and if you need a solution that that has the best price for the best product, LastPass is the one. But if you're a person who works in IT who wants to put passwords in privileged accounts and manage them with automation and everything that an enterprise password manager is required to do, LastPass is not the solution for you. You have to search for something else. In our organization, the…
    MW
    ICT Manager at Onefortyone
    Enables us to secure our passwords and to share them internally with contractors

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to share passwords internally to contractors. It's for the security of our passwords.

• "It's always hard to put a value on return on investment. You avoid one breach and it's paid for a million times over. We got a penetration test company internally, just to see how secure our network is, and there happened to be one bit of software that had been overlooked by an external company that managed it. It hadn't been upgraded so that managed to get them into the network. They would've been able to access through the test thing a file that we had previously. If that was a real-life scenario they would have been able to get into our network and get full access to our organization's passwords. If they did get in, they would have gotten access to the cloud. The ROI we see is that we are completely secured compared to what we had previously where there was a vulnerability."
    • "I also don't like the add-in for Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, because when you do the add-in, you can actually save that to your credentials in your IE, and the problem is, if I left my screen open, or any of the IT people leave their screen open someone could come up and access all their credentials in LastPass without having to put a password in within your own network. I don't like that functionality. We've banned that from any of our staff adding that as an add-in because we see that as a security risk."

What other advice do I have?

I would advise someone considering this or a similar solution to look at all of the key functionalities and see what you really need. If you're a small organization looking for a solution that will work but may not have the bells and whistles, LastPass is definitely for you. If you're a bigger organization and you want a lot more functionality and the bells and whistles, if you are willing to pay for it you can get it. It's really what suits you as an organization. You just need to determine what your functionality is and you go with that solution, because if I was a smaller organization we…
    CP
    Senior Manager, Global Service Desk at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
    This product helps keep us secure. There is no way to rotate passwords without human intervention.

What is our primary use case?

We use it internally as a password vault for all of our core enterprise admin passwords. It is a storage vault.

• "The stability has been rock solid. A couple of years ago, they were breached. However, if you had two-factor authentication enabled, it didn't affect you. We did, so it has been good."
    • "This product helps keep us secure."
    • "Tech support has been good. We haven't needed it much, because it is not a complex application. There is not that much you have to do with it."
    • "It is not super feature laden. It does not stand out versus the competition."
    • "The biggest thing is there is no good way to have LastPass rotate passwords without human intervention. Right now, we have to go into each folder, then rotate and manually update each password. It can be done it by loading a bunch of passwords into a spreadsheet, but this makes the whole process insecure because then the passwords have been noted into a spreadsheet which have to be upload. We have to go into 40 to 50 applications and manually update passwords, because we don't view their solution of writing a bunch of passwords on a spreadsheet, then uploading them as a secure solution. This should be done internally within LastPass."

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you have two-factor authentication enabled. Not everyone in the company uses LastPass because a license is required. We have half to two-thirds of the company on it. The people on the company primarily using it are either in IT or production operations. We are SOC 2 compliant. Thus, we have to be able to demonstrate that we are pretty well locked down. We don't need staff to maintain it. The two biggest things with it are ordering more licenses and rotating passwords when someone leaves the organization. Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: * SOC 2 compliance * Uptime *…
    JL
    Co-Founder at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
    The ability to autofill/hide passwords is good for security, but cost is a concern

What is our primary use case?

The primary use for our LastPass solution is that we have a lot of shared accounts that we have our employees use.

• "The shared folders is an important feature. It's the primary feature we use. Also, the ability for LastPass to autofill and hide the passwords, so we don't have to keep changing passwords every time a person leaves, is valuable."
    • "Scalability is fine, no issues with that, especially now that they have added different user-level permissions. That has made it a lot easier to delegate out certain features to have other people do."
    • "We have issues from time to time where, for some reason, it just keeps auto logging-out the user and then, the next day, they'll come in and it will work just fine."

What other advice do I have?

The big pro is it was one of the only ones, when I looked two years ago, that had the ability to hide passwords and autofill them, from different users. That's the big feature we've needed. That's why we went with LastPass. I would rate it about seven out of 10. It has a lot of good features. But being the most expensive on the market definitely does not make it the best of the best, or the prime. If it had the best features and the best price, or a competitive price, it would be great. But LastPass is now probably the most expensive enterprise password manager on the market, so it's hard to…
    SOC Manager at a retailer with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Reduction in number of sensitive passwords stored insecurely on local systems

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for enterprise password management.

• "Reduction in number of sensitive passwords stored insecurely on local systems."
    • "Increased security around password management for teams and collaborative efforts with external vendors."
    • "The ability to set up an account expiration limit/date would be very useful."
    • "Our biggest issue over the years was around the stability of the LDAP sync to AD."

What other advice do I have?

You should make sure you know what you are doing before you sync with AD, or you could have a mess on your hands to clean up.
    System Administrator at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    It consumes tons of client resources, especially as an administrator.

What is our primary use case?

Primary usage is password management and sharing of credentials.

• "Off-boarding of people is easy without changing shared account passwords."
    • "The management through the plugin is poor. It consumes tons of client resources especially as an administrator."

What other advice do I have?

Consider picking another solution.