Lenovo Blade Servers [EOL] Reviews

Filter by:Reset all filters
industry
rating
System X & P / Blade / Storage / SAN Hardware and Software Support at GEOCOM Uruguay S.A.
Jul 03 2017

What do you think of Lenovo Blade Servers [EOL]?

Valuable Features The features of this product that I value most are: A datacenter in 8U; you can accommodate 14 servers in a BladeCenter H chassis. Total redundancy in all its components: power, cooling, communications, fiber, administration and blades Stacking features, you can configure several BladeCenters to have redundancy Excellent support in case of any failure (and I am not saying this because I worked for IBM) One point of management The ability to combine Intel, AMD, and POWER blades • Use of Solution I have been using, installing, and implementing this solution for eight years. • Deployment Issues I had no problems installing the equipment. • Stability Issues So far, I have had no stability problems. • Scalability Issues If we talk about...
Sr. System Administrator at a Consumer Goods with 501-1,000 employees
Oct 10 2016

What do you think of Lenovo Blade Servers [EOL]?

Valuable Features Central management of all blade servers and performance: It helps us to access blade servers remotely even at boot time, as well, when we can access the BIOS setup remotely. Other than that, we can restart and shut down blade servers from a single console. • Room for Improvement The blade center and blade server’s hardware firmware upgrade should be easy. The hardware firmware upgrade option of blade servers and chassis should include the blade center admin console itself. • Use of Solution I have used it for nine years. • Stability Issues Because this is an old IBM blade chassis model and servers, we faced a couple of issues during VMware implementation. • Scalability Issues I have not encountered any scalability issues. • Customer Service...
Find out what your peers are saying about Lenovo, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Cisco and others in Blade Servers.
287,741 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Design and Develpement Engineer at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
Mar 08 2017

What is most valuable?

* FCoE, CPU, and RAM capacity: Requires a low cost for passive jobs in the data center * Small rack space: With only 11 units, we can have about 1THz CPU and 3.5 TB memory

How has it helped my organization?

We use it as a virtualization server with ESX. We provide telecom services on it.

What needs improvement?

The storage part of this product needs to be improved. If storage is also attached to this bundle, it would be a good solution for the databases. In the new version of this product, the IBM Flex System, the storage feature is also available... more»
Support Engineer-Enterprise System at a tech services company
Nov 26 2017

What do you think of Lenovo Blade Servers [EOL]?

Valuable Features We have separate compute module know as FSM for management. • Improvements to My Organization Easy to deploy with better performance and less maintenance. • Room for Improvement Integrated DVD/CD ROM. • Use of Solution Five years. • Stability Issues No issues to date. • Scalability Issues It is every important that you should be very clear with your future plans. We have had no scalability issues to date. • Customer Service and Technical Support OK. • Previous Solutions We switched because it is good to maintain a hybrid infrastructure. • Initial Setup Need some level of technical knowledge to configure it. • Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing Licensing depends upon your budget and pricing depends upon your requirements ...
IT Infrastructure Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Aug 29 2016

What do you think of Lenovo Blade Servers [EOL]?

Valuable Features: The form factor is good for medium-level application hosting and does not take up too much space in the DC. • Improvements to My Organization: Smaller footprint in DC Easy scalability • Room for Improvement: I’d like to see new features with advanced redundancy techniques. • Stability Issues: Performance is good, but on heavily non-linear workloads, they tend to have some issues. • Other Advice: It is perfect for medium to light applications and workloads.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Lenovo Blade Servers [EOL]

287,741 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Lenovo Blade Servers [EOL] Questions

Lenovo Blade Servers [EOL] Projects By Members

Lenovo Blade Servers [EOL] Consultants

What is Lenovo Blade Servers [EOL]?

Regarding Blade Servers, IBM is a pioneer in blade technology, building the legendary IBM reliability, security and performance into the efficient, flexible blade form factor. IBM continues to drive innovation in blade servers, offering a range of technologies to support the unique demands of your business Ð large or small, in virtually any industry.
Also known as
Blade Servers, IBM Blade Servers, x86 BladeServers
Lenovo Blade Servers [EOL] customers
Merkl IT, Sanitas, Cnam, Generac Power, DIMAR Group, Comune di Messina
BUYER'S GUIDE
Not sure which Blade Servers solution is right for you?

Download our free Blade Servers Report and find out what your peers are saying about Lenovo, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Cisco, and more!