Magento Reviews

Filter by:Reset all filters
industry
rating
Ian Leon
Designer and Developer at a tech services company
Dec 05 2017

What is most valuable?

I like the rigor with which it is architected. There is usually a right way to do something. It is dedicated to e-commerce and has a wealth of... more»

How has it helped my organization?

I am currently working on a module for Magento. My module will help organizations import a large amount of products efficiently. The way that... more»

What needs improvement?

I wound like the documentation to cover more of the internal classes in the foundational Magento framework module

What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing??

Magento CE is free. There is an Enterprise edition which offers a few specific features. I would advise you to stick to CE until there is a need... more»

Which other solutions did I evaluate??

I used WooCommerce. It is a fair option. However, it is based on WordPress and that system isn’t really built for e-commerce. It doesn’t have... more»
Michael Grove
Web Developer at a retailer with 1-10 employees
Jul 26 2018

What is most valuable?

My most significant suggestion is to not try to save money on hosting. Get an excellent and strong hosting environment handled by Magento professionals. Work with a qualified designer.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides structured ecommerce platforms for customers. We have the ability to resolve service issues since Magento enables us to invest more time in dealing with custom requirements.

What needs improvement?

It would be great to have a way to communicate properly with the team that builds the platform because you can get stuck at certain points, and it's hard to search for solutions on forums and tutorials.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Magento

Find out what your peers are saying about Demandware vs. Magento and others in eCommerce Platforms.
291,977 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Magento Questions

Magento Projects By Members

Magento Consultants

What is Magento?

Magento is an e-commerce platform that is used by businesses to create and manage their online web-based stores. The system uses the Entity Attribute Value database model as its core structure, and the various options available make Magento a flexible shopping cart system that includes all the components a business owner needs to get his or her business up and running.

Businesses looking to branch out and move into a larger selling bracket could use the Magento services well. Scalability and flexibility are key factors that contribute to the on-going use of Magento carts across the business spectrum. Other tools included in the packages are marketing tools, full customer support, technical stats such as PHP 5 and Zend framework and PA-DSS compliant systems for superior encryption, intuitive search functions, and easy to manage user interface. It also allows for multiple currencies to be accounted for and multiple stores to be managed and run simultaneously.

Magento customers

Magento has over 200,000 customers worldwide, including Bjorn Borg, Heath Ceramics, Harper's Bazaar, Kidstuff, International Military Antiques, Gifts That Gives, and Rovio Entertainment Ltd.