ManageEngine Log360 OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ManageEngine Log360 is the #7 ranked solution in our list of top User Behavior Analytics - UEBA tools. It is most often compared to ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer: ManageEngine Log360 vs ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer

What is ManageEngine Log360?

Log360 is your one-stop solution for all log management and network security challenges. It is an integrated solution that combines EventLog Analyzer and ADAudit Plus into a single console to help you manage your Active Directory auditing and network security easily.

ManageEngine Log360 Buyer's Guide

Download the ManageEngine Log360 Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

ManageEngine Log360 Customers

First Mountain Bank, TRA, Citadel Group, OnPoint Financial Corp, Florida Dept. of Transportation

ManageEngine Log360 Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ManageEngine Log360 pricing:
  • "There is a cost for each feature used."
  • "Its pricing is definitely huge compared to some of the other SIEMs. Its price should be improved."

Babatunde-Olugbode
Technical Presales Engineer with self employed
Reseller
Deployment is quite simple and straightforward and it has a good graphics interface

What is our primary use case?

I work with an organization that focuses on money management. So we usually deploy for organizations such as banks, pension providers, and major IT firms that are interested in this. I've even deployed for micro-finance banks. People use it to analyze security event information from their servers. It could be from an IaaS server address. They get logs we didn't know how to interpret and it helps them to prioritize. When a device connects, after the analyzation it prompts the administrator depending on the server data entered into it.

• "The deployment is quite simple and pretty straightforward."
  • "Most times log sheets are not assigned well."

What other advice do I have?

The advice I'd give is that if you want to enjoy the solution to the optimal level is to make sure that the credentials are correct and not that you give the credential an expired password. In that regard, if you've on-boarded one or two devices with expired passwords, the application would not be able to approve them because it's not a tool to get information like that. It's a very nice solution and the graphics interface speaks a lot to that. The different graphs for marks that you can use with color to make sure that you have what you want. You can convert right from the interface and you…
PR
Information Systems Manager at a non-profit with 1-10 employees
Consolidating and automatically sending reports has been useful in detecting network anomalies

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution to look for anomalies in our traffic to see if there is anything out of the ordinary. We don't have the resources to perform deep analysis. This solution provides us with a report of what is breaking the normal routine.

• "You can have all of the logs from servers to network and it gets sent out to the correct owners. This is very helpful."
  • "The graphical interface could be made easier to use when you are connecting to different network equipment."

What other advice do I have?

I purchased the Bulk Package which included the Log360 application. My advice would be to read the setup manual first and contact ManageEngine to assist you with any questions. When we performed a test setup, we had some unknowns so we contacted ManageEngine. They got back to us with some advice on how to approach the issues. We were able to solve the issues on our end. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about ManageEngine Log360. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.
JP
IT Security Admin at a university with 501-1,000 employees
A user-friendly log management and alerting solution

• "The reports that you can run are really nice."
  • "It takes a little bit of time for Log360 to actually learn your environment."

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give ManageEngine a rating of eight. It gives me a lot of information. Without the webinars, I'd give it a seven. If they improved their alerting capabilities, I'd give them a higher rating. For example, "Click here to drive down, and here are the recommended steps for evaluating this alert." If it did that, I would give it a rating of ten. That's really the thing that they need. They need to drive their traffic on their platform as opposed to you having to guess where to go.
SB
ME Product Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Large sizing, good reporting and offers a great shuttle import feature

• "The reporting is great. Everything you need is in the report for you already."
  • "The matter of the data retention needs to be addressed."

What other advice do I have?

I am a part-time partner and I am a unique distributor. We're using the corporate version of the solution. It's the biggest version you can get. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. I'm waiting on a new feature they promised us int he third quarter. Other than that, the solution has worked quite well for me and offers almost everything I need.
MohammadReza
IT Manager at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Monitoring and good reporting of active directory activities

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for reports, file editing, Active Directory editing, and security alerting. We monitor the action in the Active Directory. For example, if someone changes the password in the Active Directory or the password has failed in the login, or there is a change in policy, then we know which administrator has made the changes. We can see all of the reports from the Active Directory and the file server in Log360. It's a good application because the reports are good and it helps to find errors in the system.

• "The most valuable feature is that this solution is more secure than others, and there are more applications and features as well."
  • "We can log in as a local user, and it's fine, but when we login with an Active Directory user, we cannot."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I have a friend who has installed it. I would rate this solution a ten out of ten, it's a very good application.
JS
Director of Information Technology at a aerospace/defense firm with 501-1,000 employees
Helpful for compliance, but pricing and support can be better

What is our primary use case?

We basically utilize the tool to monitor security events based on a logon process such as bad passwords, lockout, etc. We are using its latest version. We just upgraded it over the weekend.

• "It basically helps us. We have to stay in compliance with certain issues with some of our customers. We have to have these types of tools in place for protecting our network and our data. We're in the aerospace industry, so we have a lot of defense contracts. So, all those guys will make sure that we're protecting their information, and it does a good job in that aspect."
  • "Their technical support should be improved."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate ManageEngine Log360 a six out of 10.
JK
Senior IT Support Analyst at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees
Support is not responsive and the stability needs improvement

What is most valuable?

It is nice to be able to monitor and to have notifications.

What needs improvement?

Right now, we can't even get it to work.  The support needs improvement. The stability needs to be improved.

ManageEngine Log360 is not a stable solution. It needs improvement.

We have tickets in to get it fixed but we are not having a lot of luck.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate ManageEngine Log360 a three out of ten.
Download our free ManageEngine Log360 Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.