MicroStrategy Usher Overview

MicroStrategy Usher is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Mobile Identity tools. It is most often compared to OneLogin Workforce Identity: MicroStrategy Usher vs OneLogin Workforce Identity

What is MicroStrategy Usher?
MicroStrategy provides a fast and intuitive analytics experience across web, desktop, and mobile interfaces. Business analysts, IT developers, and administrators can seamlessly create logical data models with Architect and deliver custom applications using a powerful set of APIs. Usher is a revolutionary digital identity product built on the MicroStrategy platform. It provides secure logical and physical access and enhances enterprise productivity by replacing passwords, tokens and physical IDs with secure mobile identity badges. Usher provides analytics, identity discovery, mustering, and two-way communication features to conduct complex analytics and optimize productivity for Badge users and can view real-time maps of user activity and quickly communicate with dispersed teams at the touch of a button.
MicroStrategy Usher Buyer's Guide

Download the MicroStrategy Usher Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

MicroStrategy Usher Customers
Target, Hilton Worldwide, Gucci, Four Seasons, Facebook, Coach, Zurich, Adidas Group, eHarmony, Sonic Automotive
MicroStrategy Usher Video

MicroStrategy Usher Reviews

reviewer892653
Analyst at a media company with 10,001+ employees
Dec 12, 2019
Ease of development, good visualization, and good reporting help us to get more out of our data

What is our primary use case?

MicroStrategy is an application which is used to give a proper reporting of data. It can be used to visualize, analyze, and make something more out of the data. This is precisely what we are doing in our environment. We are generating reports that cover several years and adding some meaning to the data.

• "The most valuable feature is the ease of development in MicroStrategy."
  • "The documentation of how to make different connections to different databases needs to be more centralized."

What other advice do I have?

I'd say if any user or any set of users are looking to get more insights from the raw data that they have collected over the course of years, one of the best BI tools in terms of analytics and data management would be MicroStrategy. You can develop pretty much everything from scratch. If you are looking to get more meaningful information out of data, I would recommend this solution. From an architectural perspective, this is a good solution. However, there are a few things that can be improved. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
reviewer897510
Head of Business Intelligence Infrastructure and Operations at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Dec 5, 2019
Excellent security platform for an enterprise setup

What is our primary use case?

I'm the head of business intelligence for infrastructure and operations at a large bank. We are a customer of MicroStrategy. Our primary use case of the solution is for enterprise data management as well as self-service and mobile. We also use transaction services for apps.

• "The self-service and the dossier components as well as the hyper intelligence."
  • "The skills needed now are very niche and quite low level and they need to simplify the development aspect of it."

What other advice do I have?

There are a lot of visualization tools, but not many enterprise BI tools. If you are going to run an enterprise shop for a big organization, don't pick the small tools designed for small team reporting otherwise you're going to really encounter barriers. MicroStrategy fits best in an enterprise setup. I would rate this product a nine out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about MicroStrategy Usher vs. Oracle Identity Governance and other solutions. Updated: January 2021.
455,108 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Arturo Rony-Oncebay Casanova
System Implementer at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
May 17, 2020
Improved the way to exploit and analyze data and offers no interruptions in service when running

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for project build systems and soil survey.

• "The solution has good analysis features to make sure there's good sizing (so that it's not too big or too small) and allows room for growth if a company needs it."
  • "The pricing needs improvement."

What other advice do I have?

We use the cloud deployment model. I'd give the solution an eight out of ten.
reviewer1250577
Sr. Software Developer at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Dec 15, 2019
Straightforward initial setup with good dashboards and documentation

What is our primary use case?

I've primarily used the solution when dealing with the pharmaceutical domain where the solution was used to create the dashboards for the patients who were suffering from a particular disease.

• "The dashboard, documentation, dossiers are all valuable features."
  • "Right now, we have to apply many workarounds for the solution to do what we need it to do. There are a lot of bugs."

What other advice do I have?

I do find I need to use a lot of workarounds and reach out to the community a lot to ask questions. The company I work with is small, so we don't require too much strength from the solution. I would definitely recommend the solution to others. I'm still working with MicroStrategy and want to grow more on the MicroStrategy front. There's a lot to learn with new features coming out soon. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.
SumitGadgilwar
Solution Architect at ixtel
MSP
Nov 29, 2019
A user-friendly dashboard, with good technical support and an easy initial setup

• "The dashboard is user-friendly."
  • "In the dossier section, they have something called documents, which is very good, but they are implementing something called dossiers also. If we compare it with the BI tools like Tableau, the canvas which MicroStrategy provides is not that great. The formatting options are limited is dossiers. In terms of formatting and making the reports more presentable, it's lagging a little bit behind."

What other advice do I have?

We're using the cloud deployment model. I very strongly recommend the solution. I'd rate nine out of ten.
reviewer1236105
Supervisor Tecnico at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Leaderboard
Dec 4, 2019
Easy to use with good storage capabilities and a simple initial setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to deploy financial software.

• "Overall, the solution is an easy product to use."
  • "The user interface needs improvement. It needs to be more intuitive."

What other advice do I have?

We use the cloud deployment model and use both Microsoft as well as AWS as providers. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.