NetIQ Identity Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

NetIQ Identity Manager is the #8 ranked solution in our list of top User Provisioning Software. It is most often compared to SailPoint IdentityIQ: NetIQ Identity Manager vs SailPoint IdentityIQ

What is NetIQ Identity Manager?
NetIQ Identity Manager delivers a complete, yet affordable solution to control who has access to what across your enterprise both inside the firewall and into the cloud. It enables you to provide secure and convenient access to critical information for business users, while meeting compliance demands.

NetIQ Identity Manager is also known as Novell Identity Manager.

Download the User Provisioning Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

NetIQ Identity Manager Customers
Sheetz
NetIQ Identity Manager Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about NetIQ Identity Manager pricing:
  • "Micro Focus is flexible when it comes to price. The cost varies from customer to customer. There are no additional costs, though. Everything is included."
  • "The price of the solution is a bit high and could be reduced."

NetIQ Identity Manager Reviews

SylvainMaertchik
Education Director at ID Integrated Data SA
NetID Identity Manager 4.8 is a strong and solid Identity Manager Engine with most of the feature we expect.

What is our primary use case?

I design, deploy, and use NetIQ Identity Manager in different environments. It's mostly to provision user accounts in AD, but I also use NetIQ Identity Manager to provision (to and from) accounts with the following applications and systems:

Oracle and PeopleSoft, Office 365 and Azure, EasyVista, IBM AS/400, Oracle E-Business, etc.

Thanks to the role-based access control included framework, we give initial access to business resources as from the start date of the employee.

How has it helped my organization?

NetIQ Identity Manager provides workflow and forms that allow all managers to initiate new employee provisioning under the control of the HR or finance department. This reduces the number of accounts created out of control.

NetIQ Identity Manager can integrated with Identity Governance administration and this is a great benefit when governance needs are present.

What is most valuable?

The Identity Engine is event-based and provides real-time synchronization and password synchronization to more than 40 different applications and services.

The new version 4.8 is now available since mi-November 2019. It provides a newer workflow engine that will increase form creation.

With the latest version, a subset of NetIQ Identity Governance is included.

What needs improvement?

There are some limitations in the custom workflows, mainly in the GUI presentation, but the latest release improved.

The newer workflow engine shipped with latest version 4.8 provides more features and possibilities than the current legacy system.

The legacy system is still supported and currently there is no migration tool available.

More than five years.

The IDM engine and drivers are based on more than 20 years product and very stable and reliable.

The IDM engine setup is quiet straightforward it you master product. The Role base & workflow module is more complexe and the reporting module installation must be definitely improved.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: NetIQ partner
AmitArmoza
VP Enterprise Management Division Manager at Ness Technologies | נס טכנולוגיות
Simple implementation and has a customized look and feel

• "The main value lies in the simplicity of implementation, as well as its customized look and feel."
  • "There's no huge thing missing, because it's already comprehensive. Now and then, however, there might be a minor issue."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution primarily for access.

What is most valuable?

The main value lies in the simplicity of implementation, as well as its customized look and feel.

What needs improvement?

I cannot specify any areas of improvement. There's no huge thing missing because it's already comprehensive. Now and then, however, there might be a minor issue.

We've been using this solution for six years.

We don't have any issues with stability.

We work in a huge environment and we can scale as much as we want. We have eight million users.

Technical support is average. When it's come to complex issues, it takes longer than expected to solve.

We used to sell SailPoint as well as the CA solution. SailPoint was part of the OEM in the NetIQ. The technology product is very complex to implement.

The initial setup was straightforward. The setup alone takes a couple of hours. Full deployment time depends on the customer and what they need.

Micro Focus is flexible when it comes to price. The cost varies from customer to customer. There are no additional costs, though. Everything is included.

What other advice do I have?

Do not look at features; look at real-time implementation experience.

You need organization support, high-level support from management to do the change needed to implement it right.

I would rate it as nine and a half out of ten because there is always something to improve.

Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, SailPoint, Oracle and others in User Provisioning Software. Updated: October 2021.
542,823 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Horst Fuhrmann
Owner & CFO at SKyPRO AG
Reseller
Integrates well, scalable, and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We use NetIQ Identity Manager for identity management.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution has been the ability for us to integrate a lot of external systems, and the automatic transfer of a lot of identity information. Additionally, the customization is very good.

What needs improvement?

NetIQ Identity Manager could improve by updating the user portal, it is out of date.

I have been using NetIQ Identity Manager for approximately 15 years.

The solution is stable.

NetIQ Identity Manager is very scalable and complete. It covers all the areas we need it to.

How are

What is our primary use case?

We use NetIQ Identity Manager for identity management.

What needs improvement?

I have been using NetIQ Identity Manager for approximately 15 years.

The solution is stable.

The technical support has been good.

For us the installation was easy. However, we are an IT company that understands what we are doing. I would consider the solution not to be easy to install if someone does not have the experience.

The price of the solution is a bit high and could be reduced.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate NetIQ Identity Manager a nine out of ten.

Download our free User Provisioning Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, SailPoint, Oracle, and more!