Softline eCommerce Solution OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Softline eCommerce Solution?

Softline Ecommerce is a part of Softline Group, a leading global IT company.

Our All-in-One Ecommerce Solution for Digital Sales helps businesses to increase their revenue in online sales in Europe, Asia and Latin America.

We take care of payment processing in local currency & invoicing, tax management & compliance, protect transactions with AI-based fraud systems.

Softline eCommerce Solution Buyer's Guide

Download the Softline eCommerce Solution Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Softline eCommerce Solution Customers

Google, Microsoft, Kaspersky, Avast, ABBYY, ESET, Symantec, Acronis, Xerox, Autodesk.

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Softline eCommerce Solution pricing:
  • "Softline eCommerce has helped to increase our eCommerce sales."
  • "Softline's pricing is above average because of all the things that I mentioned: a more localized solution and closer cooperation with us. They give us a team that is more or less dedicated to us. Those developers are mainly working on our tasks."
  • "In terms of licensing, it was definitely the best price on the Russian market and everything is pretty simple."
  • "We are satisfied with their prices at the moment."

Softline eCommerce Solution Reviews

EU
Head of eCommerce at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We can customize shopping carts according to our needs

What is our primary use case?

It is definitely one of the top eCommerce providers in our company with whom we have worked for many years. For each region, we have different eCommerce providers, which is our business strategy. We don't sell directly to end users. For every market, we have our own eCommerce provider, and Softline works with us for Russia and some countries in the Baltic. They also work with the Latin America and Brazil, but it's not part of our responsibility. The eCommerce providers host our shopping cart and oversee that transaction as well as maintaining the relationship with customers, e.g., protection… more »

• "We can customize shopping carts according to our needs. We constantly review with Softline the features and shopping cart templates that we need. Softline eCommerce is flexible and can provide additional features, e.g., the design of the shopping cart, disclaimers, and some customized emails to clients."
  • "We get support from them to implement different scenarios. Some technical things that our sales operations team work on should be done a bit faster as well as the analytical part."

What other advice do I have?

You need to understand the specific features and peculiarities of your business. Be ready to participate in that process, because you know your business best. Softline can actually help and support you, giving you some advice, but you should be the one who knows what is best for your business. Don't hesitate to request some specific requirements, customization for the cart design, and other things, because Softline eCommerce can do it in different ways, but you should know what exactly will work for your business. Be ready to test and change if something is not working. Softline continues to…
Andre Munhoz Pinto
Digital Marketing Country Manager, Brazil at Avast Software
Provides us with the ability to customize the customer experience

What is our primary use case?

We have operations worldwide. For every location where Avast is in the world, we try to create a customized solution for our clients. For example, Russian users have a client, and they prefer to buy our products in a specific way, e.g., using their local cards or payment methods. When taking care of Brazil, it is the same. We have specific types of payments. So, we have a specific type of user experience when clients are buying products. Softline eCommerce provides us with the ability to customize the customer experience, and that is very valuable for us.

• "We are still doing more tests to see if we can use Softline eCommerce across the whole business. We are adopting Softline solutions in more countries now, i.e., Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, and the Balkans. All these regions are now using Softline eCommerce. So, it has really helped us to increase our sales."
  • "They should provide more training once the client comes onboard, or have something more scripted. With most companies, once you are onboard, then you know the process and what happens next. Currently, Softline's process is customized. While I know what they are going to deliver, I don't know how it will be done. It's just about getting it more streamlined on their side with their customer service."

What other advice do I have?

For those who want it, Softline eCommerce should be focused on customization. Other solutions in the market can't deliver the same level of customization. Make sure what you want is clearly explained in the very beginning of any conversations. Don't wait to be halfway through the project to comment on something. As far as I know, we are doing very well with the email market in Russia. It seems like my company is happy with Softline's solution. For Brazil specifically (my area), we are not yet doing the email campaigns. That is something that we are planning to do next year, but I don't see any…
Learn what your peers think about Softline eCommerce Solution. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.
JP
Senior eCommerce Platform Specialist at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Performs well in local markets, but there are some limitations to the scalability

What is our primary use case?

We use Softline eCommerce as a payment provider. It processes purchases and payments in several regions. It is also responsible for messaging those users about transactions and all their payments for purchases of our products. This is the main responsibility of Softline eCommerce.

• "We use Softline eCommerce in some of European countries and also a few Asian countries. They provide us with their services and local support in those regions. This is really important because our goal is to be as local as possible. We are trying to be local with our websites and products. We also want customers to have that same experience during their purchases. For example, if a user is from Thailand and goes to our website, then we want them to have the same experience when they go to the checkout. If they experience any issues, then they can contact the customer support team."
  • "Some unification of their systems could be beneficial, e.g., having some default complex systems that could serve other systems and databases systems. This improvement is connected with their technical part, like backend systems, databases, and reporting, because there are some items that could be improved in their technical part."
  • "Scalability is average; it's not really good. There are some limitations: They don't have a solution that can be used worldwide nor do they provide a self-service for users or customers."

What other advice do I have?

If you are implementing it for one region, keep in mind there may be new markets in the future. We realized (because of this) that it is important to have a default version of Softline eCommerce in the English language. It is good to have an English reference for expanding to other markets, especially when you need to localize email notifications, checkout, layout, etc. Softline has hired some new people, because they now offer their services in more regions than they used to. They have been trying to optimize the solution, but there are many parts which can still be improved. They are trying…
AT
Senior eCommerce Specialist | Checkout & Payments at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Provides local language and payment support and helped us increase conversion in some locales

What is our primary use case?

When a customer in certain regions wants to buy our product, he or she picks it up on the web or inside the app, and then adds the product into the cart, and this is where Softline comes in. Via their cart, the customer can check out, enter their personal details, and go through the payment methods, and then receive the license.

• "The most valuable feature is the local support, meaning the support of local payment methods. For example, in Russia, they support online banks and some other simple types of online banking. In the Czech Republic they can do a wire transfer. And their cart schemes are pretty local. These features enable us to create a local experience where our customers can pay with the payment methods they are used to. Payment methods are a very local thing."
  • "There is also room for improvement in the preparation they do for projects, their 'homework.' They need to be better at gathering as much information as possible regarding the project before the start, so we can eliminate troubles during the implementation and later stages."

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend Softline. I would also advise that, at the beginning of a project, you do the preparation phase very well. You should even be slightly annoying to them and check as many details as possible. Double-check things. Softline continues to optimize and improve their solution. They trial new things, for example, testing new payment service providers on their side. Their continual optimization is very important for us. It involves innovation and helping us improve the customer experience in this region. That is very important.
Anna Polozova
Head of Channel & Operations Department at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
Straightforward to set up, simple to use, helpful support, and offers flexible payment options

What is our primary use case?

We have an internet shop and Softline is the solution that we use for selling products through our website. At this point, we only sell corporate business-to-business products. However, in the future, we are planning to add consumer products.

• "The technology is very simple to use."
  • "The work done by the legal team is an area that can be improved."

What other advice do I have?

For anybody who is considering Softline, I would say that it is a solution where everything works and I don't have any problems with it. If I had problems then I wouldn't be working with it. Overall, our goals are simple at this point and Softline works well for us. I can't say at this point that I can think of anything that needs to improve. I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.
Yuri Marunyak
Head of ABBYY Online Sales at ABBYY Russia
Technical support is very fast when responding to inquiries

What is our primary use case?

I usually track the sales of our products through my personal account on a daily basis. I upload keys for pulls once a month or so. I come up with and implement promotions to increase sales.

• "I often communicate with Allsoft managers. The speed of their reaction is very important for me. They always respond very quickly and help with any questions."
  • "I would like to get an advanced level of sales analytics for free. However, it is provided only for money."

What other advice do I have?

Do not be afraid to cooperate with companies with Russian roots. Allsoft employs very experienced specialists who will always help you. Vendor support is a very important component for the success of both parties. If changes are required due to continued optimization of the solution, I am sure that we could make them quickly. I would rate this solution as a nine (out of 10).
Product Categories
eCommerce Platforms
Download our free Softline eCommerce Solution Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.