Anritsu Oscilloscopes Review

We use it to decide the materials which are best for PCB designs

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is PCB design.

We are measuring digital signals and multi-gigabit per second data transmission.

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to determine losses associated with different types of materials. Thus, we are able to decide the materials which are best for any given design.

The electrical measurements that this equipment is capable of measuring are the standard parameters. Therefore, it is mandatory for each company to have a vector network analyzer (VNA).

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is its frequency range.

The user interface is easy, simple, and practical.

What needs improvement?

I would like the frequency range to be extended because of the speed. Electronics are moving forward to higher speeds, so it's better to have higher frequencies.

The product's antennas and radar applications need improvement.

More than five years.

I'm not sure that it can be upgraded to more than we have. I know that the newest version which will be released either this year or next year will be upgradeable, so perhaps we will have to switch to the new equipment.

We are occasionally using the full bandwidth.

The technical support is excellent. They have provided solutions for any issues that we have had with the equipment.

We sent our equipment for servicing, and they did it well.

The pricing was the best option when we purchased it.

It's very expensive equipment and cannot be upgraded after five years. If you buy equipment today, in five years, it won't be upgradeable. You have to upgrade it within the first five years that you buy it.

We also have a Keysight VNA, which is also good.

We chose this vendor because of pricing. We got a good deal when we contacted the vendor.

We traveled to the manufacturer before purchasing, and they showed us the product. We learned how we can use it for different purposes. For instance, we realized we could measure several ports and millimeter wave ranges. So, they explained in detail what the equipment was capable of doing.

What other advice do I have?

I have recommended this product before because I think we received the best product for the money that we paid.

It didn't take time for us to learn because we knew how the product worked in advance.

The application space that this solution targets is high-speed. For PCB laminate, they now require us to provide information about the performance of their products up to several tens of gigahertz.

We are not using this product to support connected devices for IoT development nor are we planning to going forward.