Apache Spark Review

Provides security analytics and has good scalability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for security analytics.

What is most valuable?

The scalability has been the most valuable aspect of the solution.

What needs improvement?

The management tools could use improvement. Some of the debugging tools need some work as well. They need to be more descriptive.

I've been using the solution for three years.

The 2.3 version is quite stable. All of our customers use it, there are around 100,000+ users, and it runs 24/7.

The scalability is very good.

You actually buy Cloudera along with it. You don't really get any support, except you need support.

In previous companies, we used MySQL platform and solutions like ArcSight and Splunk. We switched for scalability. MySQL wasn't going to scale, and we don't use Splunk at this company.

The initial setup was complex. It is a complex tool. It's a lot to do with how you will use it. There is a lot to set up. They need to put a lot of scripts to it. There's nearly 60 to set up. When you set up the cloud, it takes about a day to set up. If you set it up on-premise, you know, on hardware, it only takes about a week.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution eight out of 10.