Apigee Review

Best product with central monitoring, support for industry standards, and excellent documentation

What is our primary use case?

We implement a set of microservices. We expose different APIs and control and monitor the use of the APIs by using Apigee. We have approximately 15 developers.

What is most valuable?

The central monitoring feature is the most valuable. It also provides security for the APIs and high availability for our use cases.

Apigee is the best product in the industry in comparison to other API management solutions. It helps in fast development, which is a top point. It also supports a lot of industry standards and has excellent documentation.

What needs improvement?

The developer portal's adoption of the OpenAPI standard needs to be improved. In the latest version of the developer portal, they have adopted the OpenAPI standard. This feature, however, can be improved by supporting more characteristics of the OpenAPI standard.

I have been using Apigee for approximately one year.

It is stable. I did a series of tests, and Apigee was excellent in the results.

Scalability is very good in the SaaS version.

In general, they respond very fast and provide good service. Sometimes, they take longer to respond. It can take three to four days.

We didn't use any API management solution.

The initial setup of Apigee is very easy. However, we had a problem with the deployment of Microgateway in on-premises infrastructure. The deployment took about two to three months.

We worked with a partner. We have three teams for deployment. Each team has five developers. These teams also do maintenance.

We have three people for the administration task. They do monitoring and reporting.

We have a contract for three years. I don't know the cost.

We evaluated API management solutions from Oracle, IBM. Most of the solutions are similar in terms of functionality. We went for Apigee because it had more points or better ratings as per Gartner and Forrester.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. It is a good solution for masking data, using methods like RPC, and administering APIs. We plan to continue using this solution. We have legacy systems in our company, and we need to move to new technologies. We plan to create developer APIs for the rest of the functionality and use Apigee for API management in our company.

I would rate Apigee a nine out of ten. It is an excellent product.

Private Cloud
More Apigee reviews from users
...who compared it with Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager
Learn what your peers think about Apigee. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.