Apigee Reviews

rating
Tolulope Adeniji
Technical Lead - Integration/Middleware at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
Aug 12 2019

What is most valuable?

One of the concepts offered with this solution is called Productization. This concept allows you to bundle the APIs together and present them to clients as products, which allows you to configure the… more»

How has it helped my organization?

We want to create one API to be used by different clients. In terms of management, even though the proxying of an API is not a lot of work, it is better to create a single API that can be reused. When… more»

What needs improvement?

The number one area this solution could be improved is by implementing support. Support is not a part of this solution.

We have MuleSoft, but we are only using their ESB, not API management. Apigee is the first solution we are using for API management.

What other advice do I have?

For on-premises I would not suggest this solution. Generally speaking, the product is a good one, it is matured and the features are okay. If anyone wants to use this solution they should first… more»

We evaluated three different products, including API management from Apigee, API management from CA, and MuleSoft. This evaluation was three years ago, and at that time the Apigee platform was more… more»
Srarchman56
Sr. Manager Architecture, Design and Planning at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Aug 08 2019

What is most valuable?

The ease of creating policies has been the most useful of the solution's features. It's a quick ramp-up time. It's easy for our support staff to implement the policies in the API management layer.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has improved our company's time to market. When we deploy a policy for a particular API, the creation of the policy and the gateway is significantly faster than what we were doing with our Layer 7 gateways. It's easier to… more»

What needs improvement?

The company needs to better support webhooks. It used to support webhooks and their policies and they have since stopped. They had some issues in the product and they abandoned the support for them. It's not come back since. Webhooks are… more»

What other advice do I have?

Right now, we are still in the process of testing the solution. We're using both on-premises and cloud versions. CA has developed a sort-of enterprise service spot inside of their API management platform. It does interesting things with… more»

We looked at a couple of other vendors. We looked at offerings by Red Hat and some others. We basically looked at the market leaders. From an enterprise point of view, our digital division had already migrated to GCP. GCP uses Apigee by… more»
Find out what your peers are saying about Google, MuleSoft, IBM and others in API Management. Updated: December 2019.
390,245 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Steven Longheinrich
User
Executive Advisor, SOA Enterprise Services at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
Jan 20 2019

What is most valuable?

* API gateway tool * API developer tool * Visualization tools to measure and manage the performance of APIs.

How has it helped my organization?

* Allowed us to convert from SOAP to RESTful patterns * Improved security/throughput/management * Throttling is also useful as well as management console tools to track performance.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a long-term direction for the overall architecture (similar to what WSO2 has done), in that all three areas — pub/sub, events, and APIs — are treated as part of a continuum, instead of treating each as separate topics.
Suresh Natarajan
Principal Architect & Lead, Software Engineering
Apr 18 2019

What do you think of Apigee?

What is our primary use case?

This solution provides us with a good gateway for API Management and versioning. It gives us easy to map backend version services, and additional security and policies can be adopted.

How has it helped my organization?

We are achieving five thousand TPS (Throughput per second) on peak load, and managing thousands of proxies against K8s cluster services.

What is most valuable?

I have found the most valuable features to be tracing a proxy, and managing proxy versions and revisions via the Edge UI component.

What needs improvement?

Drag and drop of features would be more beneficial, rather than manually working on the configuration and updates.

Technical Architect with 11-50 employees
Jan 21 2019

What do you think of Apigee?

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for exposing API's to the digital platform and for B2B.

What is most valuable?

I think it is the most functional tool on the market. The security is a valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

Apigee on premise is quite complex and it is always moving faster. I would advise anyone who is interested, to use the SaaS implementation.

Less than one year.

I have not encountered instability with the product.

I do not have experience with tech support.
Shawky Foda
Senior Technical Consultant at Masterworks
Oct 09 2018

What do you think of Apigee?

What is our primary use case?

We use it to build API proxies for securing targeted back-ends with an emphasis on Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD).

How has it helped my organization?

It has been a potential source of mission-critical customers. We expect to gain new business opportunities upon providing Apigee services to customers.

What is most valuable?

Pragmatic RESTful Developer portals Continuous Integration/Continuous Development Tracing tool

What needs improvement?

I would like them to add features, such as caching and mediation policies.

Less than one year.
Ismael Gallardo
User
Product Manager at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Jun 13 2018

What do you think of Apigee?

What is our primary use case?

It is a platform for the publication of API services, access control, limiting the use of resources, and monitoring consumption.

How has it helped my organization?

Identifies services which are most consumed. Identifies possible risks. Improves productivity. Accelerates development and deployment processes.

What is most valuable?

Developer portal  Apigee Sense Analytics Microgateway

What needs improvement?

Predictive analysis of consumption Identification of attacks Identification of operational errors

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Apigee

390,245 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Apigee Questions

What is Apigee?

Apigee Edge, the self-service API management platform, enables companies to secure, scale, manage, and analyze their digital business, and grow API programs to meet the increase in demand. Edge enables enterprises to design and build the APIs that securely share their services and data.

Key capabilities of the Apigee Edge API management platform include:

• Security: protect APIs, messages, and backends with configurable policies such as OAuth, API key verification, XML/JSON threat protection, access control.
  • API gateway: secure and mediate the traffic between clients and backends, and between a company’s APIs and the developers, customers, partners, and employees who use the APIs.
  • Developer portal: attract and engage application developers, enabling them to discover, explore, purchase (or profit from), and test APIs and register to access and use the APIs.
  • API lifecycle management: manage the process of designing, developing, publishing, deploying, and versioning APIs.
Apigee customers

Adobe, advance.net, Amadeus, AT&T, Bechtel, Belly, Burberry, Chegg, Citrix, Dell, eBay, Equifax, GameStop, First Data, Globe, HCSC, Intralinks, Kao, Meredith, Mitchell, Orange, Pearson

BUYER'S GUIDE
Download our free API Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Google, MuleSoft, IBM, and more!