Aruba Switches Review

Good performance, easy to use, quickly configurable, and affordable

What is our primary use case?

I am working in a solution-based company. Whenever we get the product, we create a template and deploy it on the customer's site.

We deal with different versions of this product based on a customer's requirements. I have deployed three Aruba 320M Series switches. One of our customers is a marketing company, and they used Aruba switches for LAN purposes. They used the 2930 and 3810 series, and we configured them according to their requirements with LAN, lags, trunking port, etc.

What is most valuable?

These switches have a good performance, and they are also quickly configurable.

What needs improvement?

We had an issue with the hardware where one or two interfaces went down after one and a half years. This issue impacted only one or two interfaces, not the whole hardware.

I did not have any issues related to its stability.

It is easy to scale. Our customers are medium-sized companies.

Their support is good. We once faced an issue related to the programming or configuration of a switch, and we had raised a ticket with them. Their support engineer had a look and resolved the issue.

We also use Cisco switches. In terms of configuration, Cisco switches are easier than Aruba switches. The configuration commands of Aruba switches are quite similar to Cisco switches. There is just a little bit of difference in the trunking commands and lab configuration.

In terms of scalability, security, and performance, there is no difference between Cisco and Aruba switches. In terms of features, the VRF feature in Aruba switches is better than the one in Cisco switches. This feature is called stack in Cisco switches.

It is a simple process. It is easy to configure Aruba switches.

The deployment duration depends on customer requirements and the number of switches. For a small setup, we can do the configuration within one or two days. For a big setup, it will take more time.

We are an integrator. We also do the maintenance.

I don't know the exact cost of the licensing, but based on what I have heard from my sales team, Aruba is affordable. Aruba switches are cheaper than the switches from Cisco and other vendors.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution depending on the requirements. It is easy to use and affordable. It is cheaper than other solutions.

I would rate Aruba switches an eight out of ten.

More Aruba Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Consumer Goods Company
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Aruba Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.