Atlassian ALM Review

Has good integration between the different products of the Atlassian suite

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to have as an ALM Software. We develop Software, so we need to have a solution that supports the full cycle of the software development, starting from the requirements to work management, to source code management, to being tested. And on top of that, we have sharing capabilities with Confluence.

What is most valuable?

The main power of this tool is the integration between the different products of the Atlassian suite. We have good integration with work management and Software build automation (Bamboo).This is the major strength from this provider.

What needs improvement?

For project management, the scheduling of the project tasks should be simplified because it's complex and too rigid using the Atlassian Portfolio .

I have been using Atlassian for fifteen years.

I haven't experienced any problems with stability.

Scalability is very good. We have more than 10k users. It's being used a lot.

The majorty of the users are software developers.

Their technical support is very good and easy to work with.

I didn't do the setup but the most important part is identifying how the model from Atlassian will fit with our operational model. That is the key part.

What other advice do I have?

My first recommendation would be to think about what you want to use the data modeling for? Do you want to have organization per project, per customer, per product, per business? This is my recommendation, think about how to make the modeling work with what you want to do.

The scheduling feature is too complex. They should make the project management part of the course plan activity easier.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.

8.5.1.
Find out what your peers are saying about Atlassian, PTC, Microsoft and others in Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Suites. Updated: June 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.